Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Job 21-24


Where is GOD in Hard Times? - Job 21-24

Insight Into Scripture
Good Morning! We are halfway to the weekend, and still deep into the debate between Job and his friends.
I have often wondered how long Job's suffering was? What made me think of this is how Job starts out in Chapter 23, "Even today my complaint is bitter...." I have looked on the net and have not found much. If anyone has some insight, I would love to hear it.

Bringing the Bible Alive
We start with Job's 6th speech in chapter 21. Job's theme in this chapter is that the wicked DO prosper, even though they have no desire to serve or know GOD.
Eliphaz starts round 3 of the cycle of speeches. If you remember there are 3 cycles of debates with Job and his friends. Chapter 22 starts Eliphaz 3rd speech where he flat out says, Job's wickedness is great.
Chapter 23 is Job's 7th speech where he asks, where is GOD? How many times have you felt like that? Chapter 24 continues his speech.

Scripture
"But if I go to the east, he is not there;
if I go to the west, I do not find him.
When he is at work in the north, I do not see him;
when he turns to the south, I catch no glimpse of him. - Job 23:8-9

Thought For the Day
How many times have you said that or felt like that? You are going through a tough time in your life, you are seeking HIS face, you are praying all the time, but HE seems like He has disappeared.....gone.....why?
I can identify with those feelings and what Job was expressing in verses 8-9. When I became sick, it seemed like GOD split, HE was gone. I spent over 2 years seeking, prayer, and yearning. Theologically, I knew GOD never left my side, but, at this time it did not help!
If you have any kind of a relationship with Christ, the littlest amount of distance between you and Christ hurts. Even non-believers "Feel" Christ in nature, relationships (Love), music, and art, we are surrounded by HIM all the time. It is hard to imagine the magnitude of hell, but, to me the closest feeling would be a total separation from Christ. If you are a non-believer, to try and put it in terms you can understand, it would be total separation from everything that gives you peace and love.... forever.
So, why does GOD seem to disappear? Well to start, if you believe the Bible as true, GOD makes many promises that HE will never leave you. You have to believe and live that. That is first, hang onto those promises, stretch your faith, stay close to HIM as best you can.
Second, look to see as to why GOD has allowed you to be in this situation. What is HE wanting you to learn. In our church I have observed some people enter into a trial, they become so focused on the negative they can't see what GOD is trying to teach them. The funny thing is that everyone else can see where GOD is trying to lead them. Always search for movements of GOD. Although, in some cases there may not be a lesson, GOD is moving you to where he needs you.
In closing I think that Job expressed it best in the verses after he asked where GOD was. He says that after GOD has tested him, he will come forth as gold. (23:10-12) That is the true, when..... noticed how I said when....... the trial ends, you will be a stronger person. You will be blessed by the experience. I know that sounds funny, but it is true. Because of what I have gone through, I can meet people in their hurt, and by meeting them there and walking with them, I am very blessed. Plus, I have to tell you, faith is now a very strong gift The Holy Spirit has given me. GOD LOVES YOU more than you can comprehend, and HE will never leave you! Deuteronomy 31:6 , Hebrews 13:5 , Have a blessed day! - Jim

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Whoo hoo and Amen to Your love Father. Only You can put this joy and thankfulness in my heart and I pray Father that You will place in all of those that know You. I pray that all of those that don't know You, will meet the ones that do. I pray they will find You in the mist of the darkness. I love You Father and I pray in Jesus name, Amen.


Have a Blessed Day!

1 comment:

A-Granny-r4 said...

Bible Trivia:
What synagogue official saw his twelve-year- old daughter raised to life by Jesus?

ANSWER: Jairus

Luke 8:41-56
41And, behold, there came a man named Jairus, and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he would come into his house:
and he was a ruler of the synagogue: and he fell down at Jesus' feet, and besought him that he would come into his house:


Jim, I am pretty sure there is no Biblical information on the time duration of Job's testing. Only that he lived 140 years after.

While trying to find something from Jewish teaching I came across this below:

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/p/pt/pt2701.htm

Thought it just neat. Hope it shows when you copy and paste what I saw. It was the Book of Job in Hebrew writing and English anlong side....

I know there is some teaching passed down through Judaism about this it is just locating.

IN CHRIST
Ecc. 3
Donna

Let me hear how things are there?