Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Every Life is Beautiful


My wife and I watched October Baby; UPC 602341005296 last night. It is a story of a failed abortion, adoption, and how God has a plan for everyone. This movie touched us as were both in tears. My wife and I adopted our son, and I found out later in life that I was an "accident."
My parents would have never even thought of abortion, but one ponders if my parents did believe in abortion, how many lives I have come in contact with and the difference it would have made.

The story starts out with Hannah. Hannah is sick and all the countless tests point to only one thing; her difficult birth. The doctor's diagnosis is nothing compared to what her parents tell Hannah.... she is adopted. This is another topic that is close to our hearts as we adopted our son, and we agreed that we would never hide this fact from him. We were so happy of this decision. But Hannah's parents choose to keep this a secret from her.

Hannah is angry, and confused. She embarks on a journey with her best friend; Jason. Hannah searchs for her hidden past to find her future. After much pain Hannah realizes that her life (yours too) can be much more that she planned.

I do not want to tell you much more as I do not want to ruin it. I would like to hear your thoughts. Are you or do you know someone that is adopted? Do you agree or disagree that parents should tell children when they are adopted? Please share your stories.

Shop Gods411 eBay
Shop Gods411 Web Store

No comments: