Thursday, April 25, 2013

Do You Have Hope?






Romans 5:1-5
"Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope. And hope does not disappoint us, because God has poured out his love into our hearts by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given us."


Thought for the Day
As I read these verses I ask myself why? I mean let's face it, being a disciple of Christ is not easy here on this earth. We live to a higher set of standards, the things the world cares and goes after, we do not. We are a  times looked down upon for our beliefs. Then throw in suffering into the mix, and then the author tells me that we need to rejoice in these trials???? At times I cannot take much more...... I am at my end.

I was watching TV, and I saw Larry King talking about the passing of the news reporter. King's comments that this reporters death was so final..... so final.... there is no hope in that. There is the difference, we do have hope. With all that we suffer for and hold ourselves to a higher standard which is looked down upon, we have HOPE!

We as Christians should have the peace of Christ whether "life" is going good or not. So when these challenges and sufferings come upon us we should rejoice, because we have hope in Christ. We know that these sufferings will pass, some may take longer than others, (perseverance) when these suffering do pass I am a better person in Christ, and I can identify with people that are suffering the same trial (character), and going through that trial strengthens my hope in Christ for the amazing future that awaits me.


No comments: