Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Are You In Christ?




Insight Into the Scriptures
Jude was written by Jude. Jude was the brother to James, both were half brothers to Jesus. Mary was their mother and Joseph was their father. Although Mary was Jesus' mother, God was Jesus' true Father.

Jude was written around 65AD to Christians everywhere. Jude is a "Sermon" letter verses the personal type letter. These letters were written when the person could not be there. The purpose of the letter was written to encourage Believers to stay strong in their faith and warn against bad influences.

Blessings
Even though Jude is a short chapter, there are some interesting points that I would like to bring to light.

There is an incident that is not recorded anywhere else in the Bible. It involves Moses' death (Deuteronomy 34) in verse 9 of Jude, it tells of Michael the archangel and the devil having a dispute over Moses' body.

When you read this verse notice how an Angel did not argue with satan, he did not engage or let satan pull him into a dispute. Michael's answer was simple, "The Lord rebuke you." Something we all could learn from.

Jude 1:3-4, 20-21 - The Message
"Dear friends, I've dropped everything to write you about this life of salvation that we have in common. I have to write insisting—begging!—that you fight with everything you have in you for this faith entrusted to us as a gift to guard and cherish. What has happened is that some people have infiltrated our ranks (our Scriptures warned us this would happen), who beneath their pious skin are shameless scoundrels. Their design is to replace the sheer grace of our God with sheer license—which means doing away with Jesus Christ, our one and only Master."

"But you, dear friends, carefully build yourselves up in this most holy faith by praying in the Holy Spirit, staying right at the center of God's love, keeping your arms open and outstretched, ready for the mercy of our Master, Jesus Christ. This is the unending life, the real life!"

Thought for the Day
Jesus told the parable about how a little yeast destroys the bread. He was of course speaking of the Pharisees. The same holds true today, if you do not stay in the Word of God everyday, one person could shake your belief and cause you to question it. But, if you are firmly planted in Christ, NOTHING will move you.

Kim had this lady e-mail her and ask her about a ring that she was selling. She wanted to know the history of the ring, she then went on and told me that a "Pastor friend" had to throw away a ring because it caused an evil spirit to enter him. There was more to the story, but that was the main theme.

She responded, that, if you are IN CHRIST a demon can't enter you, now if you invite them into your life or seek them, that is a different story. She then brought up the example in the book of Job, where satan himself had to ask permission to "Affect" Job. God had to give satan permission. God would not give permission for satan to go into a person that was IN CHRIST. My next example was from the book of 1 John 4:4 "He that is IN you, is greater that he that is in the world." If Christ is IN YOU, together you are greater than anything on this earth.

Here is the sad thing about this story, her pastor friend believed that he had a demon enter him...... A PASTOR! There are many false teachers out there. Not everyone you see on TV is right with Christ. Not every pastor you meet is right with Christ. You might be saying, "Then how are we to know??" You need to be in the Word of God everyday, spending time, one on one with Christ everyday, that is how you will know. The Holy Spirit will speak to you. If you ever have ANY doubts, go to the Bible, that is the truth.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus, Thank you for living in me, thank you for giving me the promise that if You are in me, there is nothing on this earth that can harm my spirit.
Holy Spirit I ask that You would pray on my behalf, for You to search my soul and know the best for me. I pray that You would come and fill me up today, fill me so full that I am overflowing with Your fruits.

Jesus, I pray that You would increase my discernment and You would increase my spiritual wisdom. I pray for those that are lost and have gone astray. I pray that You would place the right person in their life,to get them back on track, living a life of Christ.

Jesus thank you for this time of year, I love you Jesus, let there be more of You and less of me. In Your powerful name, Amen



No comments: