Thursday, May 23, 2013

I Hate Money



I hate money. I hate what is does to people. I hate what it turns people into. I hate how people will kill over money. I hate how money turn people against each other... friends, family, business partners, and more. 

I hate how money stresses me out. You know the feeling... the rent is due and I do not have the money right now to pay it. Or the car is getting old and starting to break down and we do not have the money to fix it. I could go on and on how I get all stressed out about the bills that need to be paid and how we do not have the money.

But on the flip side I Love money. I like having the new car, the big screen TV, the designer jeans... it just make me feel good.... for a moment... then the visa bill comes and I hate money again. UGH!

When am I going to learn that all I really need is JESUS. I mean I like all those cool toys, but I have to work my butt off to pay for them, but if I refocused my thinking I would want less "stuff", more Jesus, and have more time to spend with Him, family, and things that REALLY matter in His  Kingdom, then trust that He will provide for my needs.

Jesus tells us this in His Word not to store up treasures here on earth but in Heaven: 

“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

Ouch, that one hurt.

He also tells us that we cannot.... notice how He uses the word CANNOT? Not maybe, or if you try hard enough.... serve money and God:

"No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money." Matthew 6:24

Am I trying to serving money and not God?

Jesus finally tells us that if we redirect our thinking He WILL take care of us!

"Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?" Matthew 6:26

So do any of you feel like I do? Frustrated? Trapped? Want to break these bonds and live a life on the edge for Jesus, having faith that can move a mountain?

Shop Books on Money
Books on Financial Freedom

No comments: