Friday, June 28, 2013

Have You Encountered An Angel?

Insight Into the Scriptures
In verse 19:27, the significance of trimming the hair for men has symbolic value as a sign of manhood or virility.Cutting one's body was a cultist practice, this was done to attract a god's attention, or to ward off the spirits of the dead. In verses 20:2-5 you will read about "Children of Molech" this was the practice of sacrificing children to Molech (Idol worship)

I would encourage you to read chapter 20. It is a short chapter that has a lot of solid values.As I was reading this chapter, most of the punishment for these sins were death. I couldn't help but to be thankful, I thought that if we were living back then, most of us would have been killed, myself included. Thank you Jesus!I know that this passage is the Old Testament, but it has wonderful core values!

Leviticus 19:9-10
"When you reap the harvest of your land, do not reap to the very edges of your field or gather the gleanings of your harvest. Do not go over your vineyard a second time or pick up the grapes that have fallen. Leave them for the poor and the alien. I am the LORD your God."

Thought for the Day
Before Christ did some heavy work on my heart; if I passed a person on the street asking for money, or drive by the guy on that same street corner every morning, I would think to myself, "Get a job you have legs", or "If I did give that person money, I figured they would just use it for booze or cigarettes". But, then God started to do some work in my heart, and those thoughts and excuses of why I did not help those people, left, and love and compassion started taking over.

In the verses above God told Moses to tell His people to do this, so that HIS poor and needy were taken care of. When you pass by a person that is poor and needy what is your reaction? Do you have my older state of mind? Maybe you pass by and say to yourself, "I'll pray for that person". I always try to think, how would Jesus handle this? I try to be Jesus in skin. Then, I think of the verse in Hebrews 13:2 where it says that some strangers I met, may have been angels.

We need to be Jesus here on earth. I do not know where your heart is, but I would encourage you not to look away, start with a smile, eye contact, or a hello. I know that by doing so, you will find yourself far more blessed that that person ever will be.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the grace and mercy you so lovingly give me everyday. Thank you for the angels you put on earth with us, I pray Father that I can be a good example for those around me including and mostly my family. Please help me to grow more, love more and be more like You. Father I continue to pray for those in the war. I pray for the families that are hurting and scared. I pray for the children that are over there fighting for our country, please protect them. I love You!
In Your Name I pray, Amen




No comments: