Thursday, June 20, 2013

Is God Using You?



Insight Into the Scriptures - Exodus 40
The tabernacle was erected on New Years Day, two weeks short of the anniversary of the exodus event and exactly nine months after the people arrived at Mount Sinai.

Exodus 40:16,19,21,23,25,27
16 Moses did everything just as the LORD commanded him.
19 Then he spread the tent over the tabernacle and put the covering over the tent, as the LORD commanded him.
21 Then he brought the ark into the tabernacle and hung the shielding curtain and shielded the ark of the Testimony, as the LORD commanded him.
23 and set out the bread on it before the LORD, as the LORD commanded him.
25 and set up the lamps before the LORD, as the LORD commanded him.
27 and burned fragrant incense on it, as the LORD commanded him"...... I think you get my point....... As the Lord commanded him.

Thought for the Day
As I was reading the passage today, I noticed one phrase that came up again and again. Then I looked back at the old passages, and that phrase was everywhere. I was once told that while you were reading God's word, if you read a word or phrase once, you might take note of it. If you have to read that word or phrase two times, you might want to take note of it, but if that word or phrase is mentioned as many times as "The Lord commanded", God REALLY wants you to get this point.

Moses was an amazing person and had an amazing relationship with God. Why? Of course Moses was human and he made mistakes, but most of the time, when God told Moses to do something, Moses did it. Take the construction of the tabernacle, God gave Moses a lot of detailed instructions. Moses did not let his ego or his knowledge play into it and say, "I think that the lamp stand should be here and that the courtyard is all wrong, it should be 150 cubits on the south side instead of 100 cubits". I can see a new HGTV show "Moses, Flip this Tabernacle".

No, Moses did exactly what the Lord commanded him. If you find that you are not being used by God, or maybe your relationship is not where you want it to be, are you being faithful in the little things? Before God can use you for big things, you need to show Him that you can be faithful in the little things.

Closing Prayer
Father it is so wonderful to have You there to guide me through each day. I pray that you will use me each day to help better Your kingdom. I pray Father that You will help me with the little things in life that I will keep my eyes on You and show You that I am faithful. I love you!!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen


No comments: