Monday, June 24, 2013

Life In Christ Is A Life of Freedom



Insight Into the Scriptures
I found it very interesting, when they stole something, they would pay that person back the value of the item took, plus 1/5 interest. What a neat concept.


When I started reading the Bible seriously, I always thought that the Old Testament was boring and dry. But, since that time the Old Testament has really come alive for me. This is the way God started it His relationship with man. There are alot of neat principles that would be useful in today's age.

Leviticus 5:5-6
"When anyone is guilty in any of these ways, he must confess in what way he has sinned and, as a penalty for the sin he has committed, he must bring to the LORD a female lamb or goat from the flock as a sin offering; and the priest shall make atonement for him for his sin."

Thought for the Day
Sin is ugly. There are no two ways around it, just plain ugly. I would hope that sin is something that you are ashamed of, something that you would not be proud of. It usually is hurtful to other people and for the most part looked down upon by a lot of people. Add all those things together and no wonder people keep sin locked up inside themselves.


But, that is just where satan wants you to keep it, and to keep you! Trapped inside, feeling ashamed, ugly, and discouraged. I know that all sin is equal, but in my past I have done some things that I am terribly ashamed of. For the longest time, that sin controlled my life, it kept me down, I felt trapped by it and the choices I had made, satan was winning. Finally, I found my peace in Christ, and one of the BIGGEST things that helped me, was to admit it, not only to Christ, but to other believers. It was amazing how freeing it was, it was like a weight was lifted off of me, and satan had nothing on me anymore.


Life in Christ is a life free of chains and bonds, it is a life of freedom. Christ paid for your freedom, you need to take what is rightfully yours. if satan has you bound by past sin, break those chains today, live your life in Christ!

Closing Prayer
Dear God,
I am so glad that You are on my side, or is it that I am on your side! I know that I am a sinner Father, but I know that sin will eat away at me and satan would love that. Father I pray that everyday You will help me to focus on you, see my sin and tell someone I trust. Father I pray that you will release satan's strong hold on me and help me be free and closer to You. Thank you for always loving me, always forgiving me and having grace and mercy on me.
I love You!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen



If this article was helpful to you, please consider linking this article to your own blog or sharing this through the social buttons below.

Join Our Facebook Community
Connect With Christ

No comments: