Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Why Do You Serve Christ



Insight Into the Scriptures - Leviticus 11-13
In verse 13:45, when the person let his hair go unmanaged, torn clothing and face covered, these were the characteristics of a person in mourning.

Scripture 11:44-45
"I am the LORD your God; consecrate yourselves and be holy, because I am holy. Do not make yourselves unclean by any creature that moves about on the ground. I am the LORD who brought you up out of Egypt to be your God; therefore be holy, because I am holy."

Think & Grow
Why do you serve Christ? Why do you choose to do the right thing verses do the wrong thing? Just stop for a moment, do not read on, and give an answer in your head.

When I was younger in my faith, I chose the right thing because it told me to do so in the Bible. You read the 10 commandments and you try very hard to follow those. But then as I grew in my faith the "Rules" still mattered, but my motivation changed to doing the right thing because He is Holy, I strive to be like Him more and more each day. I serve Him and do what is right because He is my God and King.

If the answer that you gave in the beginning was because it says so, maybe you need to push your relationship to the next level. Focus on Jesus and getting to know Him as the King He is, and then all the "Rules" will just come natural.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,
Thank you for the fellowship and time You allow me to have. I pray Father that You help me to be closer to You, to get to know You better. I long to be closer to You, but I am so human sometimes, I forget...to seek You. And for that I am sorry. Father I pray for those that do not even have the knowledge of Your existence. I pray that they will hear the truth and come to know how great and loving You are.
In Your Name I pray,
Amen

No comments: