Friday, August 30, 2013

Did God Leave You Hanging?

Insight into Scripture - Judges 12-14
It was a custom in ancient times, when a stranger approached your dwelling, they were to be offered the opportunity to rest, refresh themselves and eat a meal. (13:15-16) Yahweh's name was VERY sacred. The ten commandments had prohibited Israel from attempting to use Yahweh's name in magical ways to manipulate HIM. (13:15-16)By taking a meal and placing it on a rock, it went from a meal to a sacrifice. (13:19)When Samson had to come up with 30 sets of clothing, it would be today; 30 three piece suits.

Scripture Reading
12 And Manoah said, "Now when your words come true, what is to be the child's manner of life, and what is his mission?"
13 And the angel of the LORD said to Manoah, "Of all that I said to the woman let her be careful. 14 She may not eat of anything that comes from the vine, neither let her drink wine or strong drink, or eat any unclean thing. All that I commanded her let her observe."
15 Manoah said to the angel of the LORD, "Please let us detain you and prepare a young goat for you." 16 And the angel of the LORD said to Manoah, "If you detain me, I will not eat of your food. But if you prepare a burnt offering, then offer it to the LORD." (For Manoah did not know that he was the angel of the LORD.) 17 And Manoah said to the angel of the LORD, "What is your name, so that, when your words come true, we may honor you?" 18 And the angel of the LORD said to him, "Why do you ask my name, seeing it is wonderful?" - Judges 13:12-18

Thought of the Day
One day you are walking in the woods, when all of a sudden you are stopped by an actual angel. The angel tells you that you and your spouse are going to have a child, and this child is going to be used by GOD to change the course of history.

When you ask this angel, "How am I to raise this child." he replies, "Don't let him drink alcohol and no processed foods." That's it. You are given this huge responsibility from GOD with little direction.

Have you ever noticed that GOD works that way from time to time. You hear GOD tell you to MOVE, but that is it. No directions, no plans, and sometimes it may feel like GOD actually leaves. There is another famous couple that had the same situation. YAHWEH told Abram that he will be a heir to all the land he could see and that his children will be like the stars in the sky. But Abram is without child and he and Sarai are only getting older. Abram did not hear from YAHWEH for 12 years. Instead of trusting YAHWEH to provide, they took matters into their own hands, which ended up creating the Arab nations and Allah.

I believe that GOD does this to strengthen our faith and trust in HIM. If you are feeling that GOD has left or you have not heard from HIM in awhile, we must reach out to HIM and spend time seeking HIM. Always refer back to HIS word for guidance. HE is there and you will hear from HIM again soon.

Closing Prayer
Father thank You for the warm sunshine You bring. I bask in the rays and am thankful that I am able to feel and see Your brightness. Father I pray that You help all of us in a journey. Help us to be obedient and hear what directions we are to follow. I pray Father that those that are not in a journey right now, find peace and closeness from You in their time of waiting. Father I pray for those families out there that struggle so hard to make ends meet, I pray that they trust in You and know that You are always there and always doing Your will. Father I pray for my soul to be quiet and feel Your presence now and I my times of fear. I love You father and I pray for those that are not saved, that You put someone in their lives to help them find You.
In Your great Name,
Amen



No comments: