Monday, September 16, 2013

Do You Want Inner Peace?

Do You Have Inner Peace Today?

Jesus Is My Peace!

Insight Into Scripture - 2 Samuel 19-20
As you have been reading, have you noticed a change in the tempo of David's life? It seemed like he and God were unstoppable, then David sinned and it seems like he has been struggling ever since.
Neglect of personal appearance accompanied by mourning. (19:24) In verse 20:3 the Bible tells how David locks up his 10 concubines, at first it seems cruel, but after further reading they could no longer serve David, as Absalom sexually used them. David maintained his obligation to them, but they could never have children for him.

City of David
This is a picture of the City of David. The Temple Mount, which is today crowned with the gold-domed, Dome of the Rock. It is almost dead center in the city. To see more pictures of the city, click on the picture. In the city they have excavated 4 toilets, you will see the toilet towards the bottom of the page. The photo is taken from Bibleplaces.com





How Can We Pray For You? Submit Your Request

Scripture Reading
And they crossed the ford to bring over the king's household and to do his pleasure. And Shimei the son of Gera fell down before the king, as he was about to cross the Jordan, and said to the king, "Let not my lord hold me guilty or remember how your servant did wrong on the day my lord the king left Jerusalem. Do not let the king take it to heart. For your servant knows that I have sinned. Therefore, behold, I have come this day, the first of all the house of Joseph to come down to meet my lord the king." Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered, "Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the LORD's anointed?" 


Think n Grow
What are you like after you have had a REALLY bad day at work? Are you full of sunshine? Or maybe you had a REALLY bad day with the kids and you are at your wits end. Are you the most understanding person? Or maybe your day at school was the WORST, problem after problem. Are you ready to converse with others?

King David just had a couple of those days, possibly weeks. He was chased out of his kingdom by his son, left everything, his son took his place as king. Then after mustering his men to fight for his kingdom, he gave them special instructions not to touch his son, which they ignored. THEN to make matters worse, he was corrected by Joab for his mourning. As he returns to Jerusalem he is confronted by 3 people. Shimei who betrayed him, Mephibosheth; Saul's grandson, and Barzillai. How would you react?

Give Us Peace Lord Jesus
David reacts with mercy and generosity. If anyone had the right to be grumpy, it would have been David. I think I might have said, off with Shimei's head, and do not bug me right now! This kind of inter peace only comes from a life if Christ. David displays a shining example to us all.

Do you have that kind of inner peace, where no matter what goes wrong, you display the traits of Jesus? Search Books on Peace

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Thank You Lord for your peace and mercy. I pray today that I can have that inner peace that You have Father. I pray that I can feel that peace and inner quietness as I go through my day and the peacefulness tends to go away. I pray Father that You will fill in that void with Your love and peace so that I can display Your love to others.
I love You and I pray in Your Great Name,

No comments: