Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Are You Stressed About Money During This Government Shutdown?


Insight Into Scripture 1 Chronicles 1-2
Today we start 1 Chronicles. Chronicles were written around 430 BC, and was written by Ezra. The books were written to the people of Israel. The first 9 chapters are alot of genealogy. This is done to record the names in history, but also so we can trace back Jesus' roots.

Bringing the Bible Alive
As we start into Chronicles you might think that you have JUST read the same stores in 2 Samuel and Kings; you are right. But, in 2 Samuel and Kings the stories are written from a political standpoint. Chronicles are written from a spiritual perspective. I guess it is like reading all the 4 gospels, each one has something different to offer, we need to look for the spiritual message and what Christ is telling us.

Scripture Reading
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? - Matthew 6:25
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. - Matthew 6:34
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." - Matthew 11:30 

Thought for the Day
To give you some history on todays Blog, we are in the 2nd week of our Government Shutdown

Yes, there are some parts of the Bible that are a little dry. Today, although very
Join Our Famiy
important, tracing the genealogy back to Adam can be..... well...... dry. So, I thought that I would share what has been on my mind lately.

I have been meditating on the verses above lately. Kim owns her own business, there are some wonderful benefits, but there are some drawbacks. She does not have a weekly pay check handed to you. She has to drive and make her business work. In her other jobs, even if it was a bad time for the company, she still received a paycheck.

Kim worries about providing for my family (Actually, she does not provide, God does) but, she thinks that she has to. It is not like shes does not work, Kim is just the opposite, she has to be dragged away from the computer. I am working on TRUSTING that GOD will provide for us every month, it is hard for me. The funny thing is is that HE has provided EVERY month, HE has never let me down, but, me being so human......... I worry.

Maybe you can identify with me, maybe not with work issues, but you find yourself worrying about other situations? Money, friends, school, health, you name it. You see, Christ tells us that His yoke is easy and His burden is light OR living a life in Christ is living a worry free life. He planned and wants it that way. Why do we have such a hard time accepting that?

Christ tells us in Matthew 6 that our lives are much more important than the birds, Christ knows every time one falls from the sky. If He cares for those little birds, He IS going to care for you and take care of your needs. Christ wants us to take all the time that we worry about the little things and spend that time worrying about Him.

I know it is hard to give those worries to Christ, but, I am stepping out and taking my light yoke and easy burden Christ promises. How about you? 
Shop Books on Faith.

On a side note..... to help increase my faith, last month I increased our tithing from 10% to 15%. I was stressing! But, guess what....... Kim had the best month this year, and made the most profit ever......hmmmm.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Father thank You for always offering to take the yoke. I pray Father that I continue to step in that journey, of trusting You, and only You. Help me to be strong and not focus on what MAY lie ahead and to know that whatever does lie ahead, You are all over it!
I love You and I pray in Your Name, Amen.
Need Prayer? Submit Your Reuest Here.
New Fashion Blog.

Guaranteed Low Price On Top Selling Christian Products

No comments: