Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Do You Have Freewill?

Do You Have Feewill?

Have you ever wondered if what you are doing is really your freewill or is God directing you? Today, we start the book of Ezra. The writer of Ezra is unknown, but some of the book is written from a first person point of view. Ezra and Nehemiah were written as one book in Hebrew manuscripts. Ezra was written around 440 BC. The major theme of Ezra is restoration. After GOD handed Israel and Judah over to the Babylonians, Ezra tells of the return of the exiles from Babylon to Jerusalem. Chapters 1 and 2 tell of the call of Cyrus, King of Persia, to rebuild the temple, and how he gathered the people together. King Cyrus turned against Babylon and it's king, Nabonidus.



Bringing the Bible Alive
Today weekend you will read how they rebuilt the altar first (3:1-3), then they went to work on laying the foundation (3:10). It was a bittersweet moment. Some wept, some shouted for joy (3:12-13). Notice the work of satan on the rebuilding of the Temple in Chapter 4. But, in chapter 6 the battle is lost and the Temple is started again.


Scripture
In the first year of Cyrus king of Persia, that the word of the LORD by the
Join Our Community
mouth of Jeremiah might be fulfilled, the LORD stirred up the spirit of Cyrus king of Persia, so that he made a proclamation throughout all his kingdom and also put it in writing:"Thus says Cyrus king of Persia: The LORD, the God of heaven, has given me all the kingdoms of the earth, and he has charged me to build him a house at Jerusalem, which is in Judah. Whoever is among you of all his people, may his God be with him, and let him go up to Jerusalem, which is in Judah, and rebuild the house of the LORD, the God of Israel--he is the God who is in Jerusalem. Then rose up the heads of the fathers' houses of Judah and Benjamin, and the priests and the Levites, everyone whose spirit God had stirred to go up to rebuild the house of the LORD that is in Jerusalem. 

Thought For the Day 
One of my friends and I were discussing, we have freewill? We we talking about freewill vs. involvement of GOD in our lives. I know that you have heard me say this before, but, the really neat thing about reading the Bible, is you get an inside look of what was really going on. For example, a person might "Feel" that they are being lead to do a certain task. Call in your conscious.... that little voice..... OR GOD! Is this your freewill or GOD? Let's take a look......

There are examples that the Bible gives us of GOD influencing people's decisions.
"But I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and though I multiply my signs and wonders in the land of Egypt, Pharaoh will not listen to you. Then I will lay my hand on Egypt and bring my hosts, my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt by great acts of judgment." - Exodus 7:3-4

Now the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD tormented him. - 1 Samuel 16:14

These are just two that came to mind, if you search the Scriptures you will find a lot of examples of GOD influencing and being involved in human life.

Submit Your Prayer Request Today
So, what does this mean for us today? Well, two thoughts come to mind. Those little whispers, dreams, visions, and feelings, you need to pay attention to them. I would not push them away. Another good friend gave me a suggestion to write all those "Feelings" into a journal, that is an excellent idea! You might have a whisper, but, it might not come to pass for some years. It is neat to look back and see GOD working in your life. I have had two whispers recently. The first one is to visit Israel. The second came to me a couple of days ago, it is to buy a lot next to us, put a fifth wheel on it, then open it up to homeless people that need to get back on their feet. The second thought is that we need to BELIEVE that GOD is sovereign! Every event in the world happens because HE wants or allows it to happen. Sometimes this is a hard pill to swallow, but, if you grasp this concept nothing can shake you. You might not understand something or agree with it, BUT it is GOD's will. I hope this gives you something to think about if you have freewill. Have a BLESSED Day!

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Praise You Father for taking my life and controlling it! I would hate to be the one to do that. I pray Father that I always have the courage to hold fast to Your coattails and follow You every step of the way until I am home. I pray Father that I can make a difference this weekend in Your kingdom and love those around me with a convicted heart.
I love you and I pray in

No comments: