Monday, November 25, 2013

Praying The Psalms

Praying The Psalms

Praying The Psalms Can Improve Your Relationship With God.

Praying The Psalms
Just to refresh what direction we are taking, a lot of the time when we read the Bible we look for lessons, guidance, and theology. As we read through the Psalms, I would like to turn the analytical part of our brains off, and I would like to turn on the sensory and feeling parts on.
A lot of the Psalms were written as prayers and songs to GOD. They were written by men who were seeking the face of GOD, praising GOD, and crying out for help. I believe that we should read them as they were meant to be.

Book 1 Chapters 1 - 41
Psalm 10
is a Psalm that questions why the wicked prosper? It also questions, "Where has GOD gone". In reading these Psalms have you noticed how much emotion are in them? For example in verse 15 the writer asks to "Break the Arm" of the wicked and evil man, very strong feelings being expressed.

Psalm 11 is a short Psalm that tells of the fate of the wicked. How the LORD loves the righteous, and HIS soul hates the wicked. It is a Psalm of David.
Psalm 12 is a short Psalm of David. In this Psalm you can feel discouragement, David expresses that there are no more faithful. A sheminith in this Psalm is believed to be an 8 stringed instrument.
Psalm 13 is a nice Psalm. It is written by David. David starts out and questions "Where is GOD" then in the last half, David expresses that even though he feels that GOD has forgotten him, he will trust HIM.
Psalm 14 is a Psalm of David. David expresses that a man is a fool if he says there is no GOD. I really liked verse 2.
Gods411 Pinterest
Psalm 15 is a Psalm of David. David starts the Psalm by asking who will live in GOD's sanctuary? He answers in Verse 4.
Psalm 17 is a Psalm of David. In this Psalm, David asks GOD to hear his cry and deliver him. By now can you tell that David was on the run alot, and being pursued by his enemies. Maybe that is why David had such a great heart, he had to rely on GOD to save him, he depended on HIM.
In keeping with our theme, do not just read this Psalm. Pray this Psalm, pray this to the LORD. I have included a link at the bottom of chapter 16 for you to listen to. Maybe just close your eyes and let the words of this Psalm soak in. Take yourself back to the time of the Bible, this is King David speaking and you are listening to him.

Psalm 16
A miktam of DavidK
eep me safe, O God,
for in you I take refuge.
I said to the LORD, "You are my Lord;
apart from you I have no good thing."
As for the saints who are in the land,
they are the glorious ones in whom is all my delight.
The sorrows of those will increase
who run after other gods.
I will not pour out their libations of blood
or take up their names on my lips.
LORD, you have assigned me my portion and my cup;
you have made my lot secure.
The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places;
surely I have a delightful inheritance.
I will praise the LORD, who counsels me;
even at night my heart instructs me.
I have set the LORD always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices;
my body also will rest secure,
because you will not abandon me to the grave,
nor will you let your Holy One see decay.
You have made known to me the path of life;
you will fill me with joy in your presence,
with eternal pleasures at your right hand.


Connecting You With Christ

No comments: