Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Are You Honest With God?

Are You Honest with GOD?


Psalm 64 is written by David. I have always admired David's honesty with GOD. The fact that GOD called David a man after HIS own heart has made me want to know why GOD made such a bold statement, that HE didn't make about anyone else.

David had a relationship with GOD like one that you would have with a very good friend. I would imagine that GOD was his best friend other than the friendship that he had with Jonathan. A good friendship means being honest with the person, opening up your heart for all kinds of emotion. Knowing that your friend will accept you no matter what. We see evidence of this openness with the first verse. David asks for GOD to hear his complaint.

I bet if you talked to some people about complaining to GOD, they might tell you that you should be careful, that GOD may get angry at you for your complaints, and punish you.

Do you have that kind of relationship that David had with GOD? A totally open and honest friendship. One that you would not be afraid to speak your mind to GOD, you can do this in confidence due to the fact that you praise and worship HIM daily. When I became sick I was very angry at GOD, and I screamed and cried out to HIM many times. I know by me not holding my feelings inside, but expressing them to GOD, has helped the relationship that I have today.

He truly is my best friend, I love HIM more than my life, each day I wake and am excited for what HE has planned for me. We draw closer and closer each day, I never thought I would ever have this amazing relationship. The only way that I could have this kind of feeling is to start with an open relationship with GOD. If you do not have this kind of relationship with HIM, what is holding you back?

Psalm 64
1 Hear me, O God, as I voice my complaint; protect my life from the threat of the enemy.
2 Hide me from the conspiracy of the wicked, from that noisy crowd of evildoers.
3 They sharpen their tongues like swords and aim their words like deadly arrows.
4 They shoot from ambush at the innocent man; they shoot at him suddenly, without fear.
5 They encourage each other in evil plans, they talk about hiding their snares; they say, "Who will see them ?"
6 They plot injustice and say, "We have devised a perfect plan!" Surely the mind and heart of man are cunning.
7 But God will shoot them with arrows; suddenly they will be struck down.
8 He will turn their own tongues against them and bring them to ruin; all who see them will shake their heads in scorn.
9 All mankind will fear; they will proclaim the works of God and ponder what he has done.
10 Let the righteous rejoice in the LORD and take refuge in him; let all the upright in heart praise him!

Connect With Christ Today

Connect With Gods411

No comments: