Thursday, February 27, 2014

God Loves, Corrects, And Keeps His Promises

God Loves, Corrects, And Keeps His Promises

God Loves, Corrects & Keeps His Promises
As I was reading Jeremiah I found myself starting to skip over sections. I would be reading a certain section, and think to myself, "Oh, I have already read this!" Have you ever found yourself doing that? I mean let's face it, the Bible does repeat itself again and again. But, as I was starting to skip over these sections I thought to myself that GOD put everything in the Bible for a reason, and HE put it in there that many times, so what then, is GOD trying to teach us by repeating HIMSELF again and again.

I believe that GOD is trying to teach us a couple of lessons when we read about the fall of Jerusalem.

First, would be GOD's unending Love, Grace, Mercy, and Patience. Those are 4 pretty deep words, aren't they? Something that we will never understand fully here on earth. GOD has so much love for us that we could sin again and again and again, and HE would forgive us and love us just the same. The other by-products of GOD's great love for us, is HIS grace; giving us what we do not deserve. And HIS mercy; not giving us what we do deserve. The bottom line...... there is nothing that we can not do to, to make GOD not love us, HE just does. Unconditional LOVE.

In my past, I have thought that GOD loves me so much, and I know HE is going to forgive me, so why don't I just keep on sinning, because after all I know that HE will keep forgiving me, right? Well, there are two thoughts that come to mind, first as we grow in Christ, and our relationship grows in Christ, we grow in obedience to HIM. We do not want to sin, we want to make HIM proud of us. It is kind of like the relationship of a father/son or mentor/student. You want your father to be proud of you.


Second, we can learn from the fall of Jerusalem, sin comes with consequences. Yes, GOD loves us, but HE will correct us when we sin. The most important thing to GOD is our relationship to HIM, and sometimes it can be a painful road back to HIM, as Jerusalem found out.

The third lesson from the fall of Jerusalem, is that whatever GOD says is going to happen, will! Whatever GOD says in HIS Bible will happen. If GOD says that HE will provide for you, HE will. If HE says that HE will always be with you, HE will. HE does not go back on HIS word (The Bible) so hold those truths close to your heart, live by them, they are GOD's promises to YOU. Now for Jerusalem it was not good what GOD promised, but it did happen. I know that we can learn from their mistakes! 

Jeremiah 52:4-7
And in the ninth year of his reign, in the tenth month, on the tenth day of the month, Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon came with all his army against Jerusalem, and laid siege to it. And they built siegeworks all around it. So the city was besieged till the eleventh year of King Zedekiah. On the ninth day of the fourth month the famine was so severe in the city that there was no food for the people of the land. Then a breach was made in the city, and all the men of war fled and went out from the city by night by the way of a gate between the two walls, by the king's garden, while the Chaldeans were around the city. And they went in the direction of the Arabah.

Save Up To 75% Off Christian Jewelry

Top Christian Links


No comments: