Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Has God Called You?

Has God Called You?

Has God Called You?
I really enjoyed the call of Jeremiah in chapter 1, it has a Moses kind of feel to it. I know that it is hard to read all the readings for the day, but if you have time, Jeremiah 1:4-19 is really worth reading. Especially if GOD has ever called you into some task. Or remember these verses, highlight them, WHEN GOD calls you, it would be encouraging to read them. (Notice how I said when, not if GOD calls you) :)

As I was read the call of Jeremiah, I could not help to think that GOD does not always call us into doing pleasant work. It would be nice if we only went around encouraging, baptizing, preaching, loving, and caring. But, sometimes GOD needs to get the attention of HIS people. I believe that HE allows things to happen in this world to do just this, But sometimes HE needs a more gentle approach.

Related Blog Post: Do You Fear God?

I guess what I am trying to get at, is that sometimes we have to be the "Voice of truth" to our friends and loved ones. Sometimes our friends and loved ones are so stuck in a dark, sinful place they need the loving and caring "Voice of Truth" to help them. Remember when David was sinning with Bathsheba? (2 Samuel 11-12) It took a good friend (Nathan) to help king David see his sin. Then when David saw his sin, he repented whole heartily.

Now let me stop right here, NONE of this is good if it is not done with LOVE. Read that again. We are not out to get, and catch people that are sinning. It should be that we love them, and want the best for them.

I know that it is sometimes hard to tell your friends, it can be a battle. I know that in the past I have felt like GOD was prompting me to talk to one of my friends. I remember thinking, "Oh man, I do not want to do that, it is going to take forever to make him see, and I do not have the time for that right now." Sounds familiar? That is satan, trying to protect the time that he has invested in your friend. he wants to keep them.

So, has GOD been prompting or calling you to speak to someone you love or care about? Is someone you love stuck in sin? Have you been making excuses? maybe it is time to help your friend see the light again?

Jeremiah 1:5-6, 17-19
5 "Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations."
6 "Ah, Sovereign LORD," I said, "I do not
know how to speak; I am only a child."
17 "Get yourself ready! Stand up and say to them whatever I command you. Do not be
terrified by them, or I will terrify you before them.
18 Today I have made you a fortified city, an iron pillar and a bronze wall to stand against the whole land-against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests and the
people of the land.
19 They will fight against you but will not overcome you, for I am with you and will rescue you," declares the LORD.

Guaranteed Low Prices: Top Selling Christian Items
Top Christian Links
Connect With Gods411
Shop Christian on eBay
Free Shipping on Christian Jewelry
Guaranteed Low Prices on Christian
Join Our Facebook Family

Follow Us On Pinterest

No comments: