Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Are Christian To Legalize Marijuana?

Are Christian To Legalize Marijuana?

Read More Christian Blogs
Marijuana is now legal in Colorado and it look like it soon will be in my home state, Washington. At one time I was right winged and thought that it was wrong, and anyone that used it was wrong. But 8 years ago I was diagnosed with a muscle wasting disease that causes a lot of muscle pain and discomfort. The only relief that I got from the pain was through oxys. These are terrible addicting pills. After taking these on and off for 10 years I asked my doctor for a license for medical marijuana.

$4.99 Free Shipping
The whole process of buying marijuana was embarrassing and awkward. I have never taken marijuana so I had no idea what to ask or how to take it. The funny thing was that when I asked the people who knew about it, no-one could tell me anything because of the legalities of it, so I left frustrated and gave up the whole process.

Now that it is going to be legal where I live, I am not sure what I am going to do. It is legal for me to take, but is it beneficial for me? I have lived in pain every day for the last 10 years and most days I pray that Jesus to take away the discomfort or take me home. Am I an exception for taking Marijuana or not? Where do we as Christians draw the line?

As with any situation in life when I have a question, I turn to the Word of God. Here are two verses that I found:

“All things are lawful for me,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful for me,” but I will not be enslaved by anything." - 1 Corinthians 6:12

 "Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body."  - 1 Corinthians 6:19-20

You should not be controlled by anything in life except Jesus. Alcohol is legal for me to drink and I do like to drink an occasional beer or glass of wine, but it does not control me I control it. It is not the most important thing in my life.


My body is a temple of the Lord; I should treat it as such. I am also a shining example of Jesus Christ. If I walk around drunk or high I am not much of an example for My Lord.
Free Shipping Bible Covers

I also believe that it comes down to the person. If they feel that they are not going to be able to control it, they should not cross that line.

I also feel that if a person wants to take marijuana is going to take it regardless of what the law says.

So, what are your thoughts or beliefs? What kind of example should we give others as Followers of Jesus Christ?

No comments: