Wednesday, March 19, 2014

God Knows What Is Best For Your Life

God Knows What Is Best For Your Life

Read More Gods411 Blog
As I read the story of Jonah, I can see a little of Jonah (Well a lot) in myself. See if you can identify with Jonah's attitude.

Have you ever felt that GOD was calling you to HIM, or to do a certain task? You may be resisting HIS calling... maybe you feel that you are not ready, maybe you are not ready to make the commitment, maybe it is something that you are against. Whatever your feelings may be, you turn away from GOD's calling, like Jonah. In fact Jonah headed for Tarshish, the exact opposite direction of Nineveh.

After some time of fleeing or avoiding GOD's calling you have either come to know or will come to know that once Jesus has begun to work in your heart, you usually will submit to Jesus' love for you. His love is intriguing, once you feel a small part of it, you must experience more. So, now you are becoming committed to His task, so you feel that it is yours.

That is so common today, when we do our everyday tasks it is so easy to forget that we have Jesus helping us, I know that I feel a lot of times that I have to do it all, I forget I am the servant, He is my master. All He asks me is to do my best, the results are up to Him, and I have to be OK with whatever He decides to do. He is Christ, I am not.

This is where Jonah failed. He forgot that GOD is sovereign, HE is in control. Jonah was the servant, but he forgot this and became angry with GOD. GOD even gave Jonah a wonderful example with the vine for shade. Jonah did nothing to cultivate the vine (Nineveh) so it was not his to dictate what happens to the vine. Nineveh was GOD's. He had been at work there for some time, it was HIS, not Jonah's.

In your life there are going to be things that happen that you will not agree with. I know it is hard because we have feelings and we care about certain situations. But, we must always remember that GOD is sovereign, HE knows best. Always look to Him whether things are good or bad.

Jonah 4:5-11
Jonah went out of the city and sat to the east of the city and made a booth for himself there. He sat under it in the shade, till he should see what would become of the city. Now the LORD God appointed a plant and made it come up over Jonah, that it might be a shade over his head, to save him from his discomfort. So Jonah was exceedingly glad because of the plant. But when dawn came up the next day, God appointed a worm that attacked the plant, so that it withered.....

When the sun rose, God appointed a scorching east wind, and the sun beat down on the head of Jonah so that he was faint. And he asked that he might die and said, "It is better for me to die than to live." 9 But God said to Jonah, "Do you do well to be angry for the plant?" And he said, "Yes, I do well to be angry, angry enough to die." 10 And the LORD said, "You pity the plant, for which you did not labor, nor did you make it grow, which came into being in a night and perished in a night. 11 And should not I pity Nineveh, that great city, in which there are more than 120,000 persons who do not know their right hand from their left, and also much cattle?"

Guaranteed Low Prices

No comments: