Monday, June 25, 2007

Psalm 1-9

Praying the Psalms - Psalm 1-9
Insight Into Scripture
Good Morning! Today we start the Psalms and I am so excited! This is the direction that I would like to take as we start the book.
A lot of the time when we read the Bible we look for lessons, guidance, and theology. As we start the Psalms, I would like to turn the analytical part of our brains off, and I would like to turn on the sensory and feeling parts on.
Alot of the Psalms were written as prayers to GOD. They were written by men who were seeking the face of GOD, praising GOD, and crying out for help. I believe that we should read them as they were meant to be.
In the past there have been times when I have felt very alone, I will turn to a Psalm that will totally capture what I am feeling, and I will pray that Psalm to the LORD. I am also starting a page on our site that will connect your feelings to the Psalms.

Book 1 Chapters 1 - 41
Psalm 1 could be considered an introduction into the Psalms, it also deals with the worldly vs. the Godly. Notice Verse 2. Psalm 2 is a Messianic psalm.Psalm 3 is written by David when he was fleeing from his son, Absalom. It is a great prayer if you are feeling overwhelmed by your enemies. Prayer for deliverance.
Psalm 4 has to do with the worldly vs Godly, it is a great Psalm if you are looking for GOD to answer you. It has also been used as an evening prayer. It is Psalm or song of David. We should point tout hat when you are reading, the word Selah is a musical pause.
Psalm 5 is a song of David, it is a great psalm if you are looking for guidance. It is good morning prayer also.
Psalm 6 is a psalm of David. It is a great prayer if you are deeply troubled. A prayer to save or deliver you when tears are falling.
Psalm 7 is a psalm that David sang to GOD. It is a psalm for you to take refuge and for the LORD to save you.
Psalm 8 is a praise song to GOD, and HIS majesty. It also goes into how GOD exalted man.
Psalm 9 is a psalm of David and it praises GOD for all the wonders HE has done for you. It also goes into the fate of the wicked.
In closing, let us mediate and pray the morning prayer. I do not know if all of you will read it in the morning, but it is a wonder Psalm. Remember, do not read the words,
PRAY the words to GOD.
Give ear to my words, O LORD,
consider my sighing.
Listen to my cry for help,
my King and my God,
for to you I pray.
In the morning, O LORD, you hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before youand
wait in expectation.
You are not a God who takes pleasure in evil;
with you the wicked cannot dwell.
The arrogant cannot stand in your presence;
you hate all who do wrong.
You destroy those who tell lies;
bloodthirsty and deceitful men
the LORD abhors.
But I, by your great mercy,
will come into your house;
in reverence will I bow down
toward your holy temple.
Lead me, O LORD, in your righteousness
because of my enemies-
make straight your way before me.
Not a word from their mouth can be trusted;
their heart is filled with destruction.
Their throat is an open grave;
with their tongue they speak deceit.
Declare them guilty, O God!
Let their intrigues be their downfall.
Banish them for their many sins,
for they have rebelled against you.
But let all who take refuge in you be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread your protection over them,
that those who love your name may rejoice in you.
For surely, O LORD, you bless the righteous;
you surround them with your favor as with a shield.
Have a blessed day, and remember that we have a link to all these prayers at the bottom of the page. GOD Bless! Jim

2 comments:

A-Granny-r4 said...

A co-worker of my daughter has this posted on the wall of her cubicle. She has never noticed it before until the other day and it was brought to her attention by another co-worker who was blessed by it. Daughter posted it on her website:
http://thereisaseason.net
I thought I'd share it here:

"Drinking from My Saucer"
Author Unknown

I've never made a fortune
and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much,
I'm happy anyhow.
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sow.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough.
But I've got loving ones around me,
and that makes me rich enough.
I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

O, Remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and sun peeped through again.
So Lord, help me not to gripe
about the tough rows that I've hoed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed.

If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.
And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed

Be Blessed
IN CHRIST
Ecc.3
Donna

A-Granny-r4 said...

Bible Trivia:

What occupation did Joseph, Jesus' earthly father, practice?

ANSWER: Carpenter

Matthew 13:53-55