Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Isaiah 38-42

Fear Not, I am With YOU! Isaiah 38-42

Listen to Isaiah 38-42

Good Morning! As we said yesteday we switch gears in chapter 40. Chapter 40 deals with the Consolation of Israel. When you read these chapters you will read a theme that keeps on coming up again and again. Israel may go through tough times, but GOD is always with them.

Isaiah 41:10, 13 ESVFear not, for I am with you;
be not dismayed, for I am your God;
I will strengthen you, I will help you,
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

For I, the LORD your God,
hold your right hand;
it is I who say to you, "Fear not,
I am the one who helps you."

Thought for the Day
I am sure you have heard the story of Joseph, how he was sold into slavery, then thrown into prison. There are a couple of thoughts that I have, these are very important for you to understand if you are to receive all of the Lord's blessings He has for you. In life you can do everything right, follow God, live a Godly life, and still end up in "Life's prison". Joseph may have been a little cocky in his young age, but surely did not deserve to have his brothers turn on him and be sold to be a slave. He also could have easily slept with Potiphar's wife, but he chose to do the Godly thing and run, he ended up in prison. Life is what you make of it. Joseph, if anyone, had every right to be angry and bitter towards God. After all, he did the right thing, and this is what "Doing the right thing" landed him; in prison. Joseph instead accepted where God had him. I can imagine it is not where Joseph thought he would have been, but he knew God was in control. Wherever you are in your life, whatever your situation, GOD IS WITH YOU. When Joseph was a slave, GOD WAS WITH HIM (v39:2) When Joseph was in prison GOD WAS WITH HIM (v39:21,23) Let me say this again, wherever you are, GOD IS WITH YOU, and if God is with you, you are blessed, all you need to do is accept His blessings

Bible Trivia
To whom did Jesus say, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise"?
Hint: Luke 23:39-43

Gods411 Interactive
Archived Devotionals - Look up past devotionals
Video Devotionals! Get a Overview of Our Lessons
Find Your Answers - Gods411 Topical Bible
Find Your Prayer - Praying the Bible
Wisdom of Proverbs - Search by Topic

Reading Schedule
Wednesday, August 9th Reading - Isaiah 43-46
View August's Reading Schedule
Have a BLESSED Day!!

2 comments:

A-Granny-r4 said...

Bible Trivia:

To whom did Jesus say, "I tell you the truth, today you will be with me in paradise"?

ANSWER: to one of the other men hanging on the cross nest to HIM.

Luke 23:39-43
39 And one of the malefactors which were hanged railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, save thyself and us.

40 But the other answering rebuked him, saying, Dost not thou fear God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed justly; for we receive the due reward of our deeds: but this man hath done nothing amiss.

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.

43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

AGRANNYS RAMBLINGS:

I want to take a look at the two men hanging on the crosses at the same time as OUR SAVIOR.

ONE CRIMINAL DOES NOT FIND AND ONE DOES FIND SALVATION

Even to the bitter end of one of these mens life he cursed, blasphemed and tried to cast a negative light upon OUR SAVIOR and could have been his even at this late hour of his life. Hanging there he asks Jesus; "If You are the Christ, save Yourself and us."
Notice Jesus did not even justify this with an answer. There was only one question that He would have answered and we see this in the other hanging on his cross at this time.

The other rebuked the vain and prideful one saying,

"Do you not even fear God, seeing you are under the same condemnation? And we indeed are justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds; but this Man has done nothing wrong."

(THIS IS THE QUESTION)
Then he said to Jesus, "Lord, remember me when You come into Your kingdom." And Jesus said to him, "Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise."

This man saw things differently from the one that mocked Jesus:

1. He respected God: Do you not even fear God.

2. He knew his own sin: under the same condemnation . . . we indeed justly, for we receive the due reward of our deeds.

3. He knew Jesus: this Man has done nothing wrong.

4. He called out to Jesus as Lord: he said to Jesus, "Lord . . .".

5. He believed Jesus was who He said He was and in the PROMISE of EVERLASTING life from JESUS: remember me when You come into Your kingdom.

6. He believed the promise of everlasting life from Jesus.

THIS WAS SOMETHING THAT JESUS COULD RESPOND TO AND HE DID:

Assuredly, I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise: With these words, Jesus wanted to give this man assurance.

There are two little words that are so over looked in this verse and it is in these two words the ASSURANCE IS FOUND:

WITH ME are those words. When I think upon those words excitement just swells in my spirit, I hope it does in yours. I tend to think just being WITH JESUS anyplace would be paradise, how bout you ?

This man having this assurance was so important to Jesus that he was willing to bring more pain upon hisself to merely give him this assurance. You see, speech occurs during exhaling of air, these short but sure words must have been painful.

I want to say a couple of things about our Savior, Jesus.

In Jesus life we see Jesus as prophet, priest and king. Even at the time of His death we see these characteristics still.

1. He was a Prophet to the Daughters of Jerusalem.

2. He was a Priest when He forgave those who nailed Him to the cross.

3. He was a King when He authoritatively assured the penitent criminal salvation and entrance into the Kingdom.

IN CHRIST
Ecc.3
Donna

A-Granny-r4 said...

P.S.

GOD IS WITH YOU. When Joseph was a slave, GOD WAS WITH HIM (v39:2) When Joseph was in prison GOD WAS WITH HIM (v39:21,23) Let me say this again, wherever you are, GOD IS WITH YOU, and if God is with you, you are blessed, all you need to do is accept His blessings

The above is copied from today's DEVOTIONAL.

The reason for me doing this is as I sat back after posting trivia, I found myself still pondering the two words I exponded on: WITH ME.

I went back to skim the devotional again and found a thread of God beng WITH and being WITH Jesus. In the ancient times and till time matters no more our ASSURANCE is always determined by who we are
!!!WITH!!!

IN (WITH) CHRIST
Ecc.3
Donna