Thursday, August 9, 2007

Isaiah 47-51

MY Ways & MY Thoughts - Isaiah 47-51

Listen to Isaiah 47-52

Good Morning! I would encourage you to keep up your reading over the weekend. The next couple of chapters are really good, especially through chapter 55. Starting in chapter 49 through 55 foretells of YAHWEH's Servant who will bring salvation to the world; Jesus! Then in chapters 56 through 66 Isaiah tells of Israel's present failure, and Zion's glorious future.Below are two very good verses that I have always loved. When I was very sick the first verse was one that I kept on repeating and repeating.

Isaiah 55:8-9, 56:1-2
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

This is what the LORD says:
"Maintain justice
and do what is right,
for my salvation is close at hand
and my righteousness will soon be revealed.
Blessed is the man who does this,
the man who holds it fast,
who keeps the Sabbath without desecrating
it,
and keeps his hand from doing any evil."

Thought for the Day
Most of the time GOD's ways are not my ways. Usually my timetable is ahead of GOD's. It seems like I am always pushing HIM to do what I want to do, not seeking HIS will, and HIS ways.

I know that I have told you this before, but right before I became very sick, I started a pastor's program at our church. I was so sure that this is what GOD wanted me to do, I mean why not, it was for HIM so why would HE not want me to be a pastor? Almost to the day that I started the program I became sick. I was very confused.

Then during my sickness I started to become better, so guess what? Yes, I started back up the pastor's program. Guess what happened again? Yes, I relapsed and became very sick again, so, I had to drop out of the program, AGAIN. Finally, I stopped and figured out I had never sought GOD's ways, and HIS time table. I wanted it, so I pushed GOD, I did it on my own.

GOD promised Abram that he would be the father of many nations, in fact Abram acknowledged it. But, I believe that pressure from Sarai, and Abrams' doubt and impatience took the best of him. He took matters into his own hands. He did not wait for GOD, and even though it may have not taken away his blessing from GOD, it added stress and hardship in the future. Right away Abram and Sarai's impatience started to cause problems. Sarai had ill feelings towards Hagar and then blamed Abram for her problems. Abram's response was "It is not my problem, it is yours. You take care of it.

In your life I would encourage you to wait upon the Lord, remember that HIS time table will rarely coincide with yours. I have learned to walk with Christ, not ahead or behind him, and I can tell you that the peace I have is amazing, life is so much easier.

I have to tell you that by walking with Christ, He has shown me what I believe He had planned all along. I am now, yes for a third time, in a pastor type program. But, to make it even sweeter, this time it is with a brand new church plant. I believe that GOD is allowing me to be in a birth of a new church of His. I would have never guessed this when I was trying to do things my way.

Bible Trivia
What name for Jesus, meaning "Anointed One," did the angel of the Lord use when speaking to the shepherds?
Hint: Luke 2:8-11

Gods411 Interactive
Archived Devotionals - Look up past devotionals
Video Devotionals! Get a Overview of Our Lessons
Find Your Answers - Gods411 Topical Bible
Find Your Prayer - Praying the Bible
Wisdom of Proverbs - Search by Topic

Reading Schedule
Saturday, August 11th Reading - Isaiah 52-57
Sunday, August 12th Reading - Isaiah 58-63 View August's Reading Schedule
Have a BLESSED Weekend!

1 comment:

A-Granny-r4 said...

Bible Trivia:

What name for Jesus, meaning "Anointed One," did the angel of the Lord use when speaking to the shepherds?

ANSWER{ Messiah

Luke 2:8-11 0Amplified)
11 For to you is born this day in the town of David a Savior, Who is Christ (the Messiah) the Lord!




Messiah
(Heb. mashiah)- anointed. In the folowing scriptures we see this for priests (Ex. 28:41; 40:15; Num. 3:3), here prophets (1 Kings 19:16), and kings (1 Sam. 9:16; 16:3; 2 Sam. 12:7) were anointed with oil, and so consecrated to their respective offices.

THE... Messiah is anointed "above his fellows" (Ps. 45:7 he embraces in himself all the three offices.

The Greek form "Messias" is only twice used in the New Testament, in John 1:41 and 4:2 R.V., "Messiah")

In the Old Testament the word Messiah, as the rendering of the Hebrew, occurs only twice (Dan 9:25, 26; R.V., "THE ANNOINTED ONE").

The first great promise (Gen. 3:15) contains in it the the seeds of all the prophecies recorded in the Old Testament regarding the coming of the Messiah and the great work he was to accomplish on earth. The expectations of the Jews were thus kept alive from generation to generation, till the "fulness of the times," when Messiah came, "made of a woman, made under the law, to redeem them that were under the law." In him all these ancient prophecies have their fulfilment. Jesus of Nazareth is the Messiah, the great Deliverer who was to come. (Comp. Matt. 26:54; Mark 9:12; Luke 18:31; 22:37; John 5:39; Acts 2; 16:31; 26:22, 23.)

IN CHRIST
Ecc 3
Donna
.....SOON TO BE AGRANNY4.....