Saturday, May 4, 2013

Does God Get Your Equal Time?




Philippians 4:6-7, 4:11-12
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

"I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want."

Thought for the Day
There is a recent situation that I just went through that seems like these passages were written for me.

Kim and I were getting tight on money and the business had taken a slump. If the business did not pick up Kim and I were going to have to make some serious decisions. So, I was praying and telling Christ that I was stressed out, and to please help us and give me peace. I do not know why I was worried, Christ has always come through for us..... ALWAYS. But, me being a weak human started to stress out, but, not as bad as I have in the past. I heard a little voice telling me that it was going to be OK. 

So, about a week passed by and business did pick up, in fact it really picked up, so much that we are working too much. Yes, Christ did/is blessing us. He came through yet again, but not on my time line, but His.

But, here is the other half of the story. It seems like whenever we need something we are on our knees praying hard all the time. Then, when Christ does bless us and answer our prayers we do not need Him anymore.

I almost did the exact same thing. God blessed us, we were getting really busy, so guess whose time almost got cut? Yes, I started to put the priority on my work and not the one who just blesses me and provided for us. I almost made a huge mistake, as soon as I was OK, I didn't need Him anymore, that is, until I am in another bind.

Don't make this same mistake, learn to give God the same amount of time whether things are good or bad in your life.

No comments: