Sunday, May 5, 2013

Why Am I Lonely?




The LORD has done what he purposed; he has carried out his word, which he commanded long ago - Lamentations 2:17

Today we read Lamentations, and if you remember, Lamentations tells about deep personal suffering and spiritual agony. It is a series of 5 laments. Lamentations reflects a huge turning point in biblical history; the fall of Jerusalem.
One interesting point that I was talking about to my Spiritual Architect (Pastor, neat name for a pastor, huh?) and I did not realize, was when Nebuchadnezzar captured Jerusalem, they surrounded the city for 2 years and would not let anything or anyone in or out. (Jeremiah 52:4-5) They basically starved the city to death. There is evidence of this all over Lamentations.
We get our bread at the peril of our lives,
because of the sword in the wilderness. - Lamentation 5:9
See 1:19, 2:11-12, 3:38-45, 4:4, for more crying out for food.

Lamentation 3:22-26 ESV

Thought for the Day
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."
The LORD is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the LORD.

As I was reading Lamentations last night, I started to become very sad. I could imagine one of my friends hurting and crying out for help. I then had flashbacks to some of my times when I had been that lonely, scared, and hurting. Just reaching out for someone to support, love, and just give me a hug, telling me that everything is going to be OK.

I believe that at one time in our lives we have felt alone, even if you are married or have a lot of people around you. You have this empty feeling inside. I know that sometimes GOD will back away from us, so that we seek HIM, HE wants us to pursue HIM. But, sometimes we do this to ourselves, we sin, and sin separates us from GOD. Separation from GOD is LONELY.

In fact, I believe, that that is what hell will be like....total separation from GOD.....very lonely. Even here on earth you are surrounded by GOD. HE is in the sky, the wind, the sunsets, HE is nature, HE is in people, your animals, just imagine a place without any of that......very LONELY place.

Because we sin, we feel alone because we are building a wall between us and GOD. It does not have to be "Big" sins either. Pride, jealousy, anger, all of that puts up another brick on the wall that separates us.

Is it time that you tear down the wall and have that close feeling with GOD again?

The other reason that I have felt alone in my life, is that I was not connected to another group of believers. I was amazed when I did make the effort to get connected to a group of people that cared for me. It was/is amazing! To have people that love and accept you for who you are, to know that I ALWAYS have someone that I can call, that will help me. People that call me and see if I am OK. It is a feeling that I am never alone.

If you have not experienced this or have not felt like this, I would encourage you to seek it out. Find a group of believers and get CONNECTED.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you create this
website yourself or did you hire someone to do it for you?
Plz respond as I'm looking to construct my own blog and would like
to find out where u got this from. many thanks

my blog post ... hair color coupons

Unknown said...

Thank you. The blog is apart of blogspot. If you have a gmail you have access to blogspot.com

Thank