Monday, May 6, 2013

Sick Of Your Job?



One theme that I have read over and over again is how Christ needs us to die to our old self (Colossians 3:8-9) and to take on the most important of Christ's traits; Love. It is what binds everything together. (Colossians 3:14

Colossians 3:23-25
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving. Anyone who does wrong will be repaid for his wrong, and there is no favoritism." 

Thought for the Day
This is a small passage, yet it can make a world of difference in each and every day of your life.

Before I became sick, I used to work retail. I knew of this verse and I REALLY struggled with it. "Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart..." Now I know God was not talking to managers who were working 50 plus hours a week, night shifts, nooooo He was not talking to me? Was He? 

Yes, He was. He was speaking this to everyone, mangers, housewives, lawyers, teenagers, everyone. So, After struggling with this passage for awhile I decided to give in and give it a try. One day, I went into work, and instead of working for my "Bosses" I worked for Christ, EVERYTHING I did, I did for Him. What an amazing day I had. I had one of the best days I ever had, and as I continued to work for Him, people and opportunities to share Christ just came up. My work became fun, if I set up a display, it was for Him. I realized that my situation had not changed, I changed. 

Now, I am not saying that you are never going to have bad days again, but knowing how wonderful it was working for Christ, I could always return to my one true Boss.

So, who are you working for, Christ or Man? 

No comments: