Friday, May 24, 2013

Does God Hate Gay People?


Let me start and say that I am a Christian and I love Jesus with every fiber of my being. I believe that the Bible is Gods spoken work to us on paper, it is the ultimate system for living. If you have a question about life, you go to the Bible to find out what God says about it. I say this so you will know my beliefs and values.

Today the Boy Scouts made a decision to accept any sexual orientation, in other words they made a decision that it is OK to be a homosexual and be in the boy scouts. 

When ever I think of Christians and homosexuals I get a visual picture of Christians holding up some hate signs that might say "Homosexuals are Going to Hell" in front of some capital building. Does God really hate homosexuals or the sin? I believe that all sexual sin is the same. Some years ago I had an affair on my wife. I was stuck in sexual sin..... I know that God still loved me, but He hated the sin that I was stuck in. Was my having an affair any different according to the Bible then being in a homosexual relationship?

I am not sure what position you take? I believe we need to teach the teachings of Jesus Christ, but on the flip side I believe hate and anger is the wrong avenue we should take. I believe that we need to love, be tolerant without losing our values. Love people to Christ. We need not cram our beliefs down everyone's throat, we need to respect everyone beliefs. When did we start to play God and be the judge and jury.... last time I checked that was Gods job. Our job is to love God with all our heart, soul, and mind. And love your neighbor as yourself. 

Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’  All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40

What are you thoughts?




No comments: