Saturday, May 25, 2013

Is Your Life Free Will or Gods Will?




Insight Into the Scriptures
The tower of Babel was most likely a ziggurat; most of them look like pyramids. They stood as high as 300 feet. I find the Lord’s comments interesting in 11:6. He states that if He did not confuse their speech, “Nothing would be impossible for them.”
Notice verse 7, the word “Us” is used again, evidence of the Trinity?

As you are reading about great Biblical figures, take note of their strengths and their weaknesses. We can learn a lot about ourselves from studying them. It also makes me feel good about myself. These are great examples, and as you read, you will find out they are just as human as you or I and make the same mistakes and struggle with the same sins.

Genesis 11:31, 12:1-5 - NIV
Terah took his son Abram, his grandson Lot son of Haran, and his daughter-in-law Sarai, the wife of his son Abram, and together they set out from Ur of the Chaldeans to go to Canaan. But when they came to Haran, they settled there.The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you."
I will make you into a great nationand I will bless you;
I will make your name great,and you will be a blessing.
I will bless those who bless you,and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
So Abram left, as the LORD had told him; and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he set out from Haran. He took his wife Sarai, his nephew Lot, all the possessions they had accumulated and the people they had acquired in Haran, and they set out for the land of Canaan, and they arrived there.

Thought for the Day
This passage of scripture is interesting. God had a plan for Abram. His plan was for him to go to Canaan, but in the middle, God allowed His plans to be interrupted. On the way they stopped in Haran, and settled there. In reading, it sounds like it was for Terah's benefit, right after he passed away, God called Abram.

God has a plan for you, He has a purpose for you, and nothing can stop that plan..... except YOU. God has given us all free will. Are you being obedient to God? Have you heard His Call? If you have, are you afraid to make the journey? Maybe it is unknown, not the easy path?

When God called Abram, He did not tell him where he was going, He just told him, "I will show you." Abram left his country, father, household and his people, he was obedient to God's call, and God Blessed Him. Are you choosing free will or God's will?

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus, Thank your for Your examples of Your servants in the Bible. Lord, I want Your will in my life, but I am so human Lord. I am filled with doubts and fears. Please Lord give me the strength and courage to take those steps of faith for You. I know that You are on the other side of the unknown waiting for me, waiting to bless me.
Jesus, please be with me today, let Your love shine brightly through me. Let others see You in me, I love You Jesus. Thank you!
In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: