Monday, June 17, 2013

Are You Using Your God Given Talent?



Insight Into the Scriptures
There were several types of offerings, when the priest made sin offerings everything had to be burned, nothing could be saved or eaten by the priests, it had become contaminated.In verse 29:20 it talks about blood being put on the earlobe, thumb, and big toe. Blood is used to make the altar fit for service, same for the ear to hear the word of God, hands to perform sacrifices, and foot to lead the people.

This is a model of God's Tabernacle. Notice the one entrance, as you enter the altar was in front of you, where you could take care of your sins and forgiveness before the priests met with God. It is so neat to get a visual of these places, it makes the Bible come alive. I pray that you have a Blessed weekend and a restful Sabbath.

Exodus 31:1-7
"Now the LORD spoke to Moses, saying, See, I have called by name Bezalel, the son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah.

"I have filled him with the Spirit of God in wisdom, in understanding, in knowledge, and in all kinds of craftsmanship, to make artistic designs for work in gold, in silver, and in bronze, and in the cutting of stones for settings, and in the carving of wood, that he may work in all kinds of craftsmanship.

"And behold, I Myself have appointed with him Oholiab, the son of Ahisamach, of the tribe of Dan; and in the hearts of all who are skillful I have put skill, that they may make all that I have commanded you: the tent of meeting, and the ark of testimony, and the mercy seat upon it, and all the furniture of the tent."

Thought for the Day
As I was reading this passage of scripture I could not help to think that God has given us each a special talent. If you read the above passage God says that He called or chose Bezalel and Oholiab and filled them with His spirit, knowledge, and wisdom for the tasks that He needed them to complete.

Just think if Bezalel and Oholiab did not want to complete the task given to them. Maybe they might have doubted themselves and thought that they were not talented enough or that it would have not have been good enough. What a waste of God given talent, I am sure God would have found a way to accomplish His task, but they would have missed out on an amazing blessing of being apart of when God moved.

God has given each of us a talent that in some way can be used for Him. Do you know what your talent is? If you do know what it is, are you using it? God chose you, He gave you wisdom and knowledge for His purpose, it would be such a shame to miss out of using your God given talent. I can tell you that there is no feeling in the world, then being there when God moves, nothing compares!

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
Thank you Father for making each of us, one of a kind and so unique. To think of the variables of only 4 different colors of hair, eyes and skin, and all the billions of us look different in some way! You are amazing.
Father please help me to use my God given talent, help me to see it and not be afraid to use it.
I pray for all of those that are fighting the war, I pray for their safety and their families.
I love you!!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen

If this blog has blessed you, please share with your friends with the social media buttons below. We appreciate your support.

No comments: