Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Do You Seek Gods Glory?



Insight Into the Scriptures
When the Israelite's gave gold to help construct the tabernacle, they would perform a wave offering. This was a way of offering them to God and consecrating the pieces for it's purpose.It is estimated that 5350 pounds of bronze was used to construct the tabernacle.

As you are reading the scriptures, God calls himself many names. In Exodus 34:14 He calls himself Jealous, I really love that, the Creator of the Universe is Jealous of my time and attention. How cool!

Exodus 31:1-7
"Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live.

"Then the LORD said, "There is a place near me where you may stand on a rock. When my glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft in the rock and cover you with my hand until I have passed by. Then I will remove my hand and you will see my back; but my face must not be seen.

"Then the LORD came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the LORD. And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, "The LORD, the LORD, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished; he punishes the children and their children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation."

Thought for the Day
This passage of scripture has always made me jealous. How amazing to have The Lord pass by you and show you all of His glory. But as I read the passage over and over again, I realized that Moses was seeking The Lord, and he asked God to show him His Glory. At one point in my life I began to seek God and His will with every ounce of me. Since that time, God has been revealing Himself to me, maybe not in the way He did to Moses, but I know that I will never be finished seeking Him until I go home.

Did you notice how God responded to Moses? God did not say He was the Creator, Supreme Being, Lord of All. He responded as compassionate, gracious, slow to anger and abounding in Love God. That is the Glory of God.
When was the last time you asked God to show His glory to you? The more that you seek Him, the more that He will reveal Himself to you. God wants an open deep relationship with you, all we need to do is ask and seek.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
With everything in me I seek hard to find You Father. I pray that you will open my eyes and my heart so that I do find You and praise Your name. Father I pray that You help me to rest during my day and give You the glory. Please help me to be the one you want me to be and be there for others, so they see Your great love.
I love you!!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen

If this devotional has blessed you please share it with your friends with the social media buttons below.


No comments: