Friday, June 14, 2013

Do You Have A Meeting Place With God?

Picture used with permission by BiblePlaces.com

Insight Into the Scriptures
Today you will read the measurements that God gave Moses for His meeting place. It is hard to grasp the sheer size of these items. For example the curtains in v 26:1-6 total measurements are 60 feet by 42 feet.In v 26:14 they refer to a sea cow or dolphin hide. This would serve for good waterproofing.The size of the tabernacle was 75' x 150' divided into two equal parts (75' x 75')

As you read the Old Testament ALWAYS keep in mind that everything points to Christ. When I read a passage of Scripture, I always ask myself, how does this tie in with Christ.

For example, take the tabernacle. God was setting up a place His people could come to Him, later Jesus took the place of that tabernacle. See if you can see the connections, the tabernacle had one entrance, there was only way to God. You had to physically enter into the tabernacle, first thing you saw was the Altar (Forgiveness), blood of a perfect lamb was used for forgiveness of sin...... you could go on and on.

Exodus 27:20-21
"Command the Israelite's to bring you clear oil of pressed olives for the light so that the lamps may be kept burning. In the Tent of Meeting, outside the curtain that is in front of the Testimony, Aaron and his sons are to keep the lamps burning before the LORD from evening till morning. This is to be a lasting ordinance among the Israelites for the generations to come." (NIV)

Thought for the Day
As I was reading the chapters for today, I could see the length that God went into describing to Moses how His tabernacle was to be built. God did not tell Moses to throw up a tent anyway he liked and we will meet there. It was a very special place for God, this is why He wanted the lamps to always be burning, He always wanted a visual of His presence in there.

Do you have a meeting place with God? Don't get me wrong, God is always with us, but do you have a place where you connect with Jesus. I find that I connect with Jesus in silence, my wife finds a connection in nature. Once I set up my "Tent of Meetings" my relationship with Christ just grew ten fold. I find that after I meet with Christ I am refreshed, my being glows with Christ just as Moses did after he met with God.If you do not have a "tent of Meetings" I would encourage you to set up one. Enter Jesus in your mobile device if you have to, find the way you connect with Him. I know that He will honor your efforts to seek him and you will reap the benefit of a life in Christ.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
Thank you Father for being wherever I am, but I pray that You will help me to focus on my time with You, help me to remember during my busy day to stop and look up. Father I pray that You will give me a Divine Appointment today where I can spread the glory of You.
I Love You!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen


No comments: