Thursday, June 13, 2013

Take What Is Rightfully Yours



Insight Into the Scriptures - Exodus 23-25
The Feast of Unleavened Bread signals of the beginning of the barley harvest (March - April) Feast of Harvest or Feast of Weeks or Pentecost. This marks the end of the wheat harvest season. Feast of In gathering is the final harvest, it occurred in the autumn prior to the onset of the rainy season and marked the beginning of a new agricultural year.

Blessings
As you are reading the chapters for today you will come across God telling Moses exactly how He wanted the Ark (25:10-22) Table (25:23-30) and Lamp stand (25:31-40) built. The dimensions are exact and organized.If you are ever seeking God's will and wondering if it is His will or yours, look at your action plans; are they like the character of God? If so, I would guess it is God's will.

Exodus 23:31
"I will establish your borders from the Red Sea to the Sea of the Philistines, and from the desert to the River. I will hand over to you the people who live in the land and you will drive them out before you."

Thought for the Day
God promised His people; the Israelite's "The Promised Land" a land flowing with milk and honey. The square miles of this land was close to 300,000, but the Israelite's only occupied 30,000 sq. miles. Why did they not take all what was promised to them? Did God go back on His promises? No, they never took what was rightfully theirs due to lack of faith, trust, and fear.

This is a great lesson for all of us (Including me) to learn. As God's children, He has promised us a life full of blessings, a life full of milk and honey, but we never take what is rightfully ours for the same reason the Israelite's missed out on theirs.One area of my life I am learning to trust and put aside my fears is our finances. God promises and in fact He tells us to test Him on this, if we tithe, He will open the floodgates of heaven. Our family has been tight on money, but, I have made it a point to trust and tithe when it was not there. It has been hard for me because that money equals security (Earthly security not heavenly) God is just beginning to open the floodgates of heaven to our family. I am trusting God, and taking what is rightfully mine.

Are you taking what is rightfully yours? Or only accepting a 10% due to the lack of faith, and fear?

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
Thank you Father for the promises that you give us and keep. Thank you for always being there for me and knowing exactly what is best for me. Help me to trust you Father and not the world. I love You!!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen

Bible Trivia
What Old Testament prophet once had his name changed to "Belteshazzar"?

No comments: