Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Gods Plan For Your Life



The chariots described in verses 46:29 were constructed of wooden frames and leather with two spoked wheels. These were not the ornamental chariots of pharaohs and high officials. Debt slavery was common in this time. Peasants would sell themselves into short term slavery. This could be for a day or a period of years.

Genesis 47:18-20 NIV
"When that year was over, they came to him the following year and said, "We cannot hide from our lord the fact that since our money is gone and our livestock belongs to you, there is nothing left for our lord except our bodies and our land. Why should we perish before your eyes—we and our land as well? Buy us and our land in exchange for food, and we with our land will be in bondage to Pharaoh. Give us seed so that we may live and not die, and that the land may not become desolate.
"So Joseph bought all the land in Egypt for Pharaoh. The Egyptians, one and all, sold their fields, because the famine was too severe for them. The land became Pharaoh's"

Thought for the Day
I read this story and realized this was God setting up the stage for Moses and His people. But, I can imagine that while Israel was dying, it did not come across to him that his future was being started in slavery.

God's plan is so amazing and involved. There have been sometimes in my life I have asked God, "Where are you going with this"? There have been times where I have never seen where He went with a direction in my life, but I know that good came out of it even if I never saw it.

You may be at a point in your life where you are questioning God and where He is taking you. You must always trust Him no matter how big the storm is raging on around you. God has a plan for your life and your future and if God is in control, it will be amazing.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
There are times in my life where I have wondered what is going on. I know Jesus that Your plans are the best for me. Please give me the strength to trust You. I want more of You and less of me. I love You! Please be with me today.
In Your Name,
Amen


No comments: