Sunday, June 9, 2013

Just Tell Your Story For God



Insight Into the Scriptures
Just a little fact on locusts. They can consume it's own weight a day in food. It has also been known that an area of one square mile could contain over one hundred million locusts.

Have you ever thought about what the Hebrews were thinking while all of this was going on? In verse 8:22 this is the first plague that does not effect the Hebrews, only the Egyptians. I think I would be saying, Ha ha ha my God is bigger than your gods. Another interesting point, in verses 9:15-16, 10:1-2 God reveals why He hardened Pharaoh's heart. Good or Bad.... everything is used to glorify God.


Exodus 10:1-2 NIV
"Then the LORD said to Moses, "Go to Pharaoh, for I have hardened his heart and the hearts of his officials so that I may perform these miraculous signs of mine among them that you may tell your children and grandchildren how I dealt harshly with the Egyptians and how I performed my signs among them, and that you may know that I am the LORD."

Thought for the Day
As I was reading the chapters for today I came across these verses. God wants us to tell others what He has done. It is that simple. I think that a lot of us feel that we need a degree in preaching to be effective for His kingdom, and that may be helpful, but what God asks from us, is to simply tell others.

You might be thinking that you do not have a story or what you have to say may not be effective. What are the turning points in your life where God intervened? What is God doing for your right now? So whether you are a parent, grandparent, big brother or sister, or just a good friend we need to share with others what God has done in the past and is doing in our lives now to affect the future.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,Please let me be affective for you Father. let me be out there telling and Praising Your Name. Help me to tell my story no matter how small it may seem to me, help me to find the words. Thank you for all you do and know that I love you very much.
In Your Name,
Amen

No comments: