Monday, June 10, 2013

God Will Fight For You



Insight Into the Scriptures - Exodus 13-15
In verses 14:5-9 when Pharaoh mustered up an army of 600 chariots to chase Moses, this was huge! Normal would be between 10 to 150 chariots.
An Omar is equal to about 2 quarts.

As we get into the meat of Exodus, God has taken His chosen people into the desert. Sometimes in your life you will face a desert, if you have not already. Is your faith like the Israelites; up one moment or is it like a rock? Pay close attention to how the Israelites react to their desert.

Exodus 14:4, NIV
"And I will harden Pharaoh's heart, and he will pursue them. But I will gain glory for Myself through Pharaoh and all his army, and the Egyptians will know that I am the LORD.

"Moses answered the people, "Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the LORD will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still.

"He made the wheels of their chariots come off so that they had difficulty driving. And the Egyptians said, "Let's get away from the Israelites! The LORD is fighting for them against Egypt."

Thought for the Day
The book of Exodus has been developing the idea of Yahweh as fighting for the Israelites against Egypt as their God. The same God that was fighting for the Israelites fights for you, but do you let Him?

Me, being a stubborn male, sometimes feel that I have to control the situation, I feel that I have to fight my fight, I do not let God take control. Sometimes because I am too stubborn. But I am learning to give these situations to God, not worry about them, and let Him fight them for me. I have been truly amazed how He takes over and wins.

Are you letting God fight your battles? As it says in the verses above, God wants to fight for you and show you that He is your God, but He needs your trust and obedience. Don't you love Moses' reply to the Israelites? The Lord will fight for you, all you have to be, is STILL. And when God fights your fights, just as the Egyptians could see God was fighting for the Israelites, your friends and enemies will see that God is on your side and fighting for you, and NOTHING matches the power of our Lord. So, it is time for you to be still and let God take over and win your battles?

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus,
I do not know why I feel it necessary to try and fight my own fights. I know that I need to back off and let You take over for me. Please Jesus give me the strength and courage to let You take over, I know that the outcome with You will be amazing.
In Your Name,
Amen

Bible Trivia
What type of relationship did Paul tell the Galatians their salvation gave them to God "through Christ"?
a) Friends
b) Heirs
c) Students
d) Subjects

No comments: