Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gods Timing Is Always Perfect

Insight Into the Scriptures
I have read several Christian and Non-Christian Commentaries on the phenomena of the cloud over the tabernacle during the day, then the fire at night. Some say it was a volcano, burning tar pit....... it is just God. You can't put a finger on God.

Scripture Reading Numbers 9:15- 23
"On the day the tabernacle, the Tent of the Testimony, was set up, the cloud covered it. From evening till morning the cloud above the tabernacle looked like fire.That is how it continued to be; the cloud covered it, and at night it looked like fire.Whenever the cloud lifted from above the Tent, the Israelites set out; wherever the cloud settled, the Israelites encamped.

At the LORD's command the Israelites set out, and at his command they encamped. As long as the cloud stayed over the tabernacle, they remained in camp.

When the cloud remained over the tabernacle a long time, the Israelites obeyed the LORD's order and did not set out.

Sometimes the cloud was over the tabernacle only a few days; at the LORD's command they would encamp, and then at his command they would set out.Sometimes the cloud stayed only from evening till morning, and when it lifted in the morning, they set out. Whether by day or by night, whenever the cloud lifted, they set out.

Whether the cloud stayed over the tabernacle for two days or a month or a year, the Israelites would remain in camp and not set out; but when it lifted, they would set out. At the LORD's command they encamped, and at the LORD's command they set out. They obeyed the LORD's order, in accordance with his command through Moses."

Thought for the Day
Today's thought really goes hand in hand with yesterday's. If you read the passages above, Moses and the Israelites waited upon the Lord. They would not make a move without God. God chose to be in the form of a cloud during the day and fire during the night. When the cloud moved, His people moved, when God rested, His people rested, God may have been there a day or it may have been a year.

Wouldn't it be nice if we all had a little cloud. When you saw the cloud move, you moved, and where it rested, you rested. The most perfect place that you can be is in the will of God, move when he moves, rest when He rests. Most of the time we find ourselves restless and wanting to move on, or we find ourselves wanting more. I have found that God's timing is always perfect, but, if I rush God, He will sometimes let it happen, but it never turns out like I would have liked it too. I am working on being patient :). One thing that has helped me, is if you find yourself stuck for a year or longer in the same place, stop asking God what is next, let's go, I am ready for the next adventure God. Instead, ask God what is my purpose here in this situation, what do You need me to learn that I am not seeing? Instead of being focused on the future, take off the blinders and look around, you may be missing a miracle going on right around you, but you are to busy to see it.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,
I pray today Father for our nation. I pray that we, I mean that I, can make small steps out there to shine for You, to help Your kingdom grow. Our children are at so much risk Father, the world is going so wild. I pray for those kids Father that they will have a great person in their lives to help them grow towards You and not the world. And I pray Father that You will help me to help those kids around me, help me to be more like You, You would love them all and help the ones hurting the most. Thank you Father for loving us so much.
I love You!!
In Your Name I pray, Amen






No comments: