Friday, July 19, 2013

Think n Grow
When you are reading Chapter 11, you will read that God came down in the form of a cloud, He took some of His spirit and put it on the seventy elders. We have an amazing gift; God's Spirit. I have to keep reminding myself that these Old Testament followers did not have the Holy Spirit as we do today.10:25 "Then the LORD came down in the cloud and spoke to him, and took some of the Spirit that was on him and put it on the seventy elders. And as soon as the Spirit rested on them, they prophesied. But they did not continue doing it".

Scripture Reading Numbers 11:18- 23
"And say to the people, 'Consecrate yourselves for tomorrow, and you shall eat meat, for you have wept in the hearing of the LORD, saying, "Who will give us meat to eat? For it was better for us in Egypt." Therefore the LORD will give you meat, and you shall eat.

You shall not eat just one day, or two days, or five days, or ten days, or twenty days, but a whole month, until it comes out at your nostrils and becomes loathsome to you, because you have rejected the LORD who is among you and have wept before him, saying, "Why did we come out of Egypt?"

"But Moses said, "The people among whom I am number six hundred thousand on foot, and you have said, 'I will give them meat, that they may eat a whole month!'Shall flocks and herds be slaughtered for them, and be enough for them? Or shall all the fish of the sea be gathered together for them, and be enough for them?"And the LORD said to Moses, "Is the LORD's hand shortened? Now you shall see whether my word will come true for you or not."

Thought for the Day
As I was reading the passage above where God told Moses that He was going to supply meat for the Israelites. Not just for a day, but for a whole month, and not just a quail per person, but enough so that they would be stuffed. That did not surprise me, what did surprise me was Moses' response. Moses questioned God where and how he was going get all that meat. This is after all the incredible miracles that God has done for them.

We tend to put God into our box. God is beyond anything that our human minds can imagine, so we shrink Him down into our box so we can better grasp Him. There are two thoughts that came to mind from this.

If you are dedicated to Christ and you know in your heart you try very hard to serve Christ, I would expect alot from Him. I am not saying that you want a million dollars, that goes against what Christ teaches. But, do not limit Him or put Him in your box. God wants to bless you and see you happy, think big. Do not limit your blessings, think God size, think over flowing.

If you are in the opposite stage of life, where you are in a desperate situation. You do not see the light at the end of the tunnel, you have given up hope, your situation is impossible, and you have thought of all the possible answers, that is it! Always remember, nothing is impossible with God, He is thinking outside of your box. Just like Moses could not see a way of feeding all those people, God had already had Moses answer. If you are stuck in that kind of situation, God already knows your answer, maybe all He needs is for you to trust outside of your box.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,
Thank you Father for always loving me so much, please help me to remember that You are always there for me. Father I pray that I will focus on You and not what I think I can do. Help me to think outside of the box and know that whatever You have planned, whatever is Your will that is the best. I just need the courage and strength to wait. Father i pray today for being able to love my neighbor, especially the ones that are s hard o love. I pray that I can remember how much You love them and I can too. Thank You Father, and know that I love You very much. I am nothing without You!!!
Your Name I pray,
Amen


No comments: