Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Has God Moved In Your Life Lately?

Insight Into the Scriptures Numbers 32-33
The transjordan had a wide range of topography. Some of the places were, Mount Hermon range, it's highest peak is 9,230 feet above sea level. The rift valley extends south following the Jordan River to the Dead Sea - 2,550 feet below sea level. East of the Jordan were the hills of the Gilead, it rose to 3,500 feet above sea level.

As you are reading the text for today, you will read at the end of Chapter 33 where God gives very specific instructions for entering the promised land. He also warns Israel of the consequences for not following His instructions. Of course, Israel did not follow and they suffered for their actions. it is very important that we follow God's plans exactly as He has laid them out.

Scripture Reading Numbers 33:2-6, 37- 38
2 At the LORD's command Moses recorded the stages of their journey. This is their journey by stages:
3 The Israelites set out from Rameses on the fifteenth day of the first month, the day after the Passover. They marched out boldly in full view of all the Egyptians, 4 who were burying all their firstborn, whom the LORD had struck down among them; for the LORD had brought judgment on their gods.
5 The Israelites left Rameses and camped at Succoth.
6 They left Succoth and camped at Etham, on the edge of the desert........
37 They left Kadesh and camped at Mount Hor, on the border of Edom. 38 At the LORD's command Aaron the priest went up Mount Hor, where he died on the first day of the fifth month of the fortieth year after the Israelites came out of Egypt.

Thought for the Day
How is your spiritual life? Are you in a peak or valley right now? If you read chapter 33 Moses recorded 40 years worth of travels. If Moses did not record his travels it would be hard to gauge all the progress the Israelites made. Do you have a way of recording your spiritual journey? I can't tell you how important it is to keep a journal or diary of some kind. A couple of years ago by the advice of my pastor, I started a journal. I would not write in it everyday, but every couple of days. Today I look back at my journal and I am amazed at the journey God has taken me on, and how faithful He has been. The best part of my journal is, I would write down when I was stressed or what I was worried about, then I would write when God answered my prayers or when I had stopped worrying about the situation. It truly is amazing, God came through all the time..... All the time. Sometimes His answer was not what I thought it would have been, it was even more!

If you do not have a journal, I would encourage you to start one, you will find it to be inspiring during times of trouble and stress. You will see how much you grow in the Lord and how He spoke to you. It's a great place to just tell God everything, no holds barr, noone else has to read it, it is just for you and God. You will truly be amazed at what you see, learn and hear from Holy Spirit.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,You are an amazing and awesome God, can I say that enough? I am so thankful for the joy only You can place in my heart. Father as I travel on my continuous journey, I pray You will be my only guide and that I will hear Your footsteps and Your rustling of the bushes. I pray that I hear Your whispers of encouragement and love so that I can press on and give glory to You.
I love You!!
In Your Name I pray, Amen



No comments: