Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Learn to Hate ~ Learn to Love

Insight Into the Scriptures
In Numbers 6:24-26 you will read a blessing that was to be given by Aaron to the Israelites. This might be a common blessing that you would hear at the end of your church. It is always neat to know where the blessing came from in the Bible.

Scripture Numbers 5:5-6
"The LORD said to Moses, "Say to the Israelites: 'When a man or woman wrongs another in any way and so is unfaithful to the LORD, that person is guilty"

Thought for the Day
I found this passage of Scripture very interesting. It states that if you wrong another person, first off you have wronged God and been unfaithful. Second, you must make full restitution with that person and even add one fifth to give back to that person.

What struck me hard, was not only are you treating the other person poorly but you are being unfaithful to the Lord. It brought doing wrong things to others into a whole new light.

God wants us to treat each other well, so much, He brings Himself into the equation. Our world is hurting, when I go around and go shopping I run into so many people that would rather walk on your face than talk to you. I would imagine that they have become that way because they have been wronged by so many others, they have put up this defense now, and if you are a good and decent person, it is hard to break down their defenses.

This exact situation just happened to Kim, she trades on eBay, she made a very simple, honest mistake. When this person found out about the mistake made towards them, they just went off, TYPED IN CAPITALS, and yelled at her. Her first reaction was to put him in his place, but after Kim talked to me she answered him with love and understanding. It changed the situation around, they apologized and good came out of it, but if she had done my first reaction, it would of turned sour very fast.

I would examine if you are being unfaithful to God by treating people poorly, if you have all that under control, try spreading some of Jesus' light into the world, even if the other person does not deserve it.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,Father thank you for your patience in me, I pray that You will teach me how to be patient. Help me to love others as you love them Lord. I pray that one person would be touched today by You, through my prayers or my smile. I pray Father that I will have Divine appointments that will only bring glory to You. I Love You!!
In Your Name I pray,
Amen














No comments: