Tuesday, July 16, 2013


Insight Into the Scriptures
In the Bible you will read a lot about stoning as a means of execution. Stoning is a communal form of execution, it requires all those persons who have been offended to participate. One interesting point is that since it could not be determined whose individual stone caused the death, no one person could bear the guilt for the death.

As I have been reading these passages there has been alot of rules. One might be overwhelmed trying to follow all of them, but then it came to me, most of these rules will fall into place if you follow two basic principles. Love the Lord your God, and Love your neighbor as yourself.

Leviticus 24:10-16
"Now the son of an Israelite mother and an Egyptian father went out among the Israelites, and a fight broke out in the camp between him and an Israelite. The son of the Israelite woman blasphemed the Name with a curse; so they brought him to Moses. (His mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri the Danite.) They put him in custody until the will of the LORD should be made clear to them. Then the LORD said to Moses: "Take the blasphemer outside the camp. All those who heard him are to lay their hands on his head, and the entire assembly is to stone him. Say to the Israelites: 'If anyone curses his God, he will be held responsible; anyone who blasphemes the name of the LORD must be put to death. The entire assembly must stone him. Whether an alien or native-born, when he blasphemes the Name, he must be put to death."

Thought for the Day
We live in a world that is on the move 24/7. If you want or need an answer to something you either get on your internet, cell phone, blackberry or TV and find the answer NOW. Our world is teaching us not to wait, patience is going out the window. God does not operate like that, He does not know time, He is time.

I was reading the above passages and I found it interesting that instead of Moses taking action (I bet that Moses deep down inside knew the answer of what to do), Moses put the blasphemer in custody until the will of the Lord was made clear. Read that again; until the will of the Lord was made clear. I know that I am always pushing God, I want my answers right now, it is hard for me to wait. But, I am finding that when I do wait for The Lord, it just seems to always work out better.

There was one other point that I found interesting. I know that Moses had a heart for his people. I bet Moses knew what was going to happen to the boy, but was maybe hoping God might not hand down that judgement. When God did hand down His judgement, His commands were carried out.

We need to slow down in life, take time to wait on the Lord when we need an answer to one of lives' problems. Pray and listen for Him to speak, be open to anything that the Lord's will tells you. The answer that Christ gives you may not be the answer you are looking for, but it will always be the best one.

Closing Prayer
My Heavenly Father,Thank you Father for the patience You have in me. All the troubles and sins, I am so glad to know You still love me. But Father I want You to know how much I love You and I ask that you help me to be patient, wait on Your word and act obediently. I know God that Your way is ALWAYS the best but sometimes it is so hard to wait.
I love You!! In Your Name I pray,
Amen

No comments: