Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Are Your Enemies Winning Over You?

If you have friends or family that think the Bible is boring and tame. Take time to read the story of Ehud. (3:12-30) While reading, try to create a visual picture of this story in your mind.

Scripture Reading
Judges 3:1-2, 12-14
1 Now these are the nations that the LORD left, to test Israel by them, that is, all in Israel who had not experienced all the wars in Canaan. 2 It was only in order that the generations of the people of Israel might know war, to teach war to those who had not known it before.
12And the people of Israel again did what was evil in the sight of the LORD, and the LORD strengthened Eglon the king of Moab against Israel, because they had done what was evil in the sight of the LORD. 13 He gathered to himself the Ammonites and the Amalekites, and went and defeated Israel. And they took possession of the city of Palms. 14 And the people of Israel served Eglon the king of Moab eighteen years.

Thought of the Day
Can you see a pattern starting to develop with the Israelites? They are disobedient to YAHWEH, punished, cry out to YAHWEH, YAHWEH delivers them and forgives them, just to have them do it to HIM again.

As I was reading last night, there were several good points that the Bible makes in these chapters.

When GOD tests us, it is not always a "Test", sometimes it can be a preparation for future events to come in our lives. In verse 3:1-2 YAHWEH knew that this new generation had not experienced war, so it states that YAHWEH "Tested" them so they could gain the experience of war for future battles, maybe a larger one?

GOD never gives us more than we can handle. If you feel that you are being tested, maybe GOD is preparing you for a larger event to come in your life. In the last chapter we read how we need to make a choice. We need to choose GOD's blessing, or GOD's curse. The verses in 3:12-14 are great examples of this. When Israel was disobedient, not only did it anger YAHWEH, HE actually strengthened Israel's enemy. That is pretty direct, YAHWEH not only left Israel's side, but HE sided with her enemy.

If it seems like your enemies are always getting the best of you. Maybe lately you just can't seem to win, it is just one after another. I would examine my relationship with CHRIST. Maybe lately you have chosen YAHWEH's curses over HIS blessings?

Closing Prayer
Thank You Father for your indispensable love, grace and mercy. I pray that You open my eyes Father so I know the true childlike faith that You so much want me to have. Deepen my heart for those around me and teach me the ways of Your disciples. I pray Father for the peace and rest of our president and that he hears Your whispers. Thank You again for the Word You have provided to me so that I may listen and learn, and I pray that I do.
I love You and I pray in Your awesome Name.
Amen



No comments: