Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Do You Share Jesus With Others? Before It is Too Late?

Insight into Scripture - Judges 1-2
The author of Judges is possibly Samuel. GOD had helped the Israelites conquer Canaan (Israel) but they were now in danger of losing their land because they disobeyed GOD. Judges shows us that GOD's judgement for sin is certain, but HIS forgiveness for sin is just as certain as the punishment.Iron chariots (1:19) were not completely constructed of Iron. Certain parts of the chariots were starting to be constructed which put fear in the Israelites.The Angel of the Lord (2:1) is a very specific being. He carried out YAHWEH's commands.

Scripture Reading
Judges 2:10-12 
And all that generation also were gathered to their fathers. And there arose another generation after them who did not know the LORD or the work that He had done for Israel.
And the people of Israel did what was evil in the sight of the LORD and served the Baals. And they abandoned the LORD, the God of their fathers, who had brought them out of the land of Egypt. They went after other gods, from among the gods of the people who were around them, and bowed down to them. And they provoked the LORD to anger.

Thought of the Day
As I was reading today's chapters, these verses stuck with me. It states that the new generation did not know YAHWEH or what HE had done for their past ancestors. We know that Moses and Joshua recorded all their events into the Book of Moses (Joshua 24:26) so, I would guess they had access to the Book of Moses, so why did the new generation not know YAHWEH?

We had a 18 year old son; Tyler. He did have a Bible, but i rarely saw him pick it up and read it. But, if you talked to Tyler he did have a good knowledge of the Bible, and JESUS. So, if he had a knowledge of these things, but he really did not read his Bible very much, where did he learn these things?

Tyler gained this knowledge from Kim and I, and church. We as a family, were always talking about JESUS and what He was doing in our lives. That made me think, maybe the new generation of Israelites would have been more obedient to YAHWEH if the older generation showed them what HE had done.

Whether you have children, grandchildren, friends, or co-workers; if you are a follower of JESUS it is your responsibility to tell them who JESUS is, and what HE has done for you. You can give them a Bible, but there is nothing like examples from a real person with a real relationship, to show others about God. YOU may be the only JESUS that that person ever receives, do not let those moments pass away.

Tyler killed himself in December of 2012. If Kim and I had not shared Jesus with Tyler, He may of not gone to heaven. You never know when Jesus is going to call you home or a loved one, so always mix Jesus in your conversations.

Closing Prayer
Thank You Father for the sweet sounds You provide for us through beautiful voices that lift praises up to Your name. Father I pray that I can be an example for others, I pray that they stop me and ask me questions about.....the smile on my face, and I can point them to You. I pray they can come to know You. I pray Father that each day I will feel the warmth of my head in Your chest. Please give me the strength to get through my selfish times and focus on others. I pray that I grow closer to You and learn more of Your love, everyday. Father please forgive me for my sins, today and everyday I ask for that.
I love You and I pray
In Your Holy Name,
Amen.




No comments: