Friday, August 23, 2013

Are You Giving God Credit?

Insight into Scripture - Joshua 22-24
In verse 24:11 the text used the word "hornet." This may have been a symbol of divine intervention. This helped prepare the way for the Israelite conquest.As we finish the Book of Joshua, Joshua and the Israelites have obeyed YAHWEH and HE has given them success in all that they have done. Joshua is now ready to die, but before he does, he renews and reminds the Israelites of the blessings and the curses of following YAHWEH and not following YAHWEH. We shall see how they do when we start the Book of Judges.

Scripture Reading
Joshua 24:12-14
12 And I sent the hornet before you, which drove them out before you, the two kings of the Amorites; it was not by your sword or by your bow. 13 I gave you a land on which you had not labored and cities that you had not built, and you dwell in them. You eat the fruit of vineyards and olive orchards that you did not plant.'
14"Now therefore fear the LORD and serve him in sincerity and in faithfulness. Put away the gods that your fathers served beyond the River and in Egypt, and serve the LORD.

Thought of the Day
Have you ever been around a very conceited person? Half of the words they use are "I." I did this, I did that....... it goes totally against what Jesus preached in the Sermon on the Mount. (Matt. 5) We are told that the meek shall inherit the earth, and the first shall be last, and the last, first.

In the verses above YAHWEH tells the Israelites that they did nothing, it was only by YAHWEH's hand did they succeed. We exist because GOD allows us to exist. We are good at certain things, because GOD has given us our talents.Do you give GOD the glory? When you have been successful at a venture, do you use the word "I" more or GOD?

Our business is doing well, and we were able to purchase a house. This is a house that we should not have been given. Our business and house adventure, has been a great example of GOD's hand at work in our lives. I am very grateful to HIM, so whenever Kim and I talk about our lives, GOD's name is the first word out of our mouths. I would encourage you the rest of this week to evaluate yourselves. Does the glory go to you, or to GOD?

Closing Prayer
Praise You Father for the many things You bring to our daily lives. Praise to You for loving us so much. Father I pray today that I will seek Your face and send out the message of Your love and loyalty. I pray that I will give all the glory to your great Name and that people will ask questions about You. I pray Father for the children that are suffering in our world, I pray that they find nourishment for their little bodies and peace in their hearts. I love You Father and I pray
in Your Name,
Amen.



No comments: