Thursday, August 22, 2013

God Keeps His Promises To You

Insight into Scripture Joshua 20-21
I find that the more I know of Christ, the more that I want to go back to the "Roots" of God.

As you can imagine back in Moses' time they did not have a calendar like we have today. God used an agricultural calendar along with several feasts that HE asked the Israelites (And us) to honor. 

Scripture Reading
Joshua 21:44-45
43 Thus the LORD gave to Israel all the land that He swore to give to their fathers. And they took possession of it, and they settled there. 44 And the LORD gave them rest on every side just as He had sworn to their fathers. Not one of all their enemies had withstood them, for the LORD had given all their enemies into their hands. 45 Not one word of all the good promises that the LORD had made to the house of Israel had failed; all came to pass.

Thought of the Day
Have you ever had a friend verbally promise you something? Then, when this "Thing" your friend promised was suppose to happen, doesn't, and then you approach them and ask "What happened?" They might deny or have trouble remembering what they had told you.

In the beginning of our relationship with GOD, HE had to verbally promise the Israelites what HE was going to do for them. The Bible was just starting to be written. Can you imagine living back then? You might say, "Did GOD really promise us ALL of this land, or just some of it?" They did not have the resources that we have today. They might of had to go to Moses or visit a Priest and ask what the Torah said.

Whatever GOD promises us, will come true. If HE promises to be with you, HE will be with you. If GOD promises us that HE will care for our physical needs as HE cares for the birds, HE will take care of our physical needs. No questions asked. The amazing thing about these promises, unlike Moses' time, we have all the promises in one book, The Bible.

We have a wonderful gift! I hope that you are taking advantage of all of GOD's promises to you. Are you in GOD's word everyday seeking all that HE has promised you or are you just guessing?

Closing Prayer
Father thank You for always keeping Your promises, even though I sometimes forget that they are there. Father please help me to continue to grow daily in Your Word and in my Christianity. I pray that I am able to touch those around me, those that You put in my life daily. I ask that You help me to say the right things and make a difference, I pray You use me Father and that I am obedient enough to do so.
I love You and I pray in Your Great Name.
Amen.



No comments: