Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Is God Telling You To Take A Step Forward?

Insight into Scripture
In chapters 13-19 we read the allotment of the land by tribes and by families. But also notice that in many cases, Israel did not drive out and destroy the godless people living in the land.Casting lots to determine God's will is a form of divination. (18:6-10)

Currently in our readings, Hebron was given to Caleb for his devotion to God. If you remember Caleb went to explore Canaan, he came back with a positive attitude while the other man spread rumors in camp, and created fear among the people.

Scripture Reading
14 Then the people of Joseph spoke to Joshua, saying, "Why have you given me but one lot and one portion as an inheritance, although I am a numerous people, since all along the LORD has blessed me?"
15 And Joshua said to them, "If you are a numerous people, go up by yourselves to the forest, and there clear ground for yourselves in the land of the Perizzites and the Rephaim, since the hill country of Ephraim is too narrow for you."
16 The people of Joseph said, "The hill country is not enough for us. Yet all the Canaanites who dwell in the plain have chariots of iron, both those in Beth-shean and its villages and those in the Valley of Jezreel."
17 Then Joshua said to the house of Joseph, to Ephraim and Manasseh, "You are a numerous people and have great power. You shall not have one allotment only, 18 but the hill country shall be yours, for though it is a forest, you shall clear it and possess it to its farthest borders. For you shall drive out the Canaanites, though they have chariots of iron, and though they are strong."

Thought of the Day
God promised the Israelites all of Canaan. God had shown them in the past that He went in before them and fought for them. This land was theirs for the taking, but fear, lack of faith and trust over came them.

This reminds me of some people I have met. They have sensed that God is prompting them to move. God may even be blazing the way before them, performing signs of the way He wants them to move. They may even have friends and family that are telling them, "God is moving, you need to move with Him." But, only that person can take the step of faith with God.

Are you at that point in your life where you feel God is telling you to take a step of faith and move? What is holding you back?

Maybe you have not felt God prompting you to move. Maybe you have put too many restrictions on God? Your Christian live is an adventure. God is not a God to just sit there, He moves, crashing through borders, and is always expanding. Will you expand with Him or be left in His wake? There is nothing you will ever experience in you life, as that when God moves and you move with Him.

Closing Prayer
Father I pray You have had a great day, and I thank You for the many miracles that happen around me everyday. I pray today Father that I will be still and listen to You and know when You are blazing a trail for me to follow. I pray Father that I hear You speaking through those around me. Father please give me the strength to step out and do Your will. I thank You ahead of time for using me Father and I pray I will do a good job for You!!
I Love You!!!
In Your Name, Amen.



No comments: