Monday, August 12, 2013

How To Defeat satanic Attacks

Insight into Scripture
The men were exempt from going into war. It was established so that the man could father an heir and establish a household. What a great idea! (24:5)

There were four classes of needy persons; Levites, aliens, widows, and orphans. These classes were created because they lacked either land or the protection of a household, it became the obligation of the nation to provide food and legal protection. (24:19-22)

It has been quite a long weekend for me. Today's devotional is a little off the normal. We are always growing in Christ. Just when we think that we are doing well, Christ shows us an area in our lives that need to work.

Thought for the Day
Our household had a big family vacation planned for several months. But, God decided to move in our lives right at the time the vacation was about to happen. We bought a new house, and because of the new investment and added paperwork that was going to be needed, Kim and I decided that I should stay home. I would keep our business running and take care of all the phone calls. I knew in my heart that this was the right decision, but I was not happy!

About 2 days into the family being gone, I was totally stressed out, I became very angry, and bitter. I was really struggling with this, I knew that I should not feel like this, but, it was eating me up inside.
Then on the third day of being alone, my spirit calmed down, I stopped, took a deep breath, and looked around. Guess what I saw?I saw Christ seated next to me. He smiled and told me that He had been looking forward to spending this "One on One" time with me for quite some time now. He went on to explain that I am so busy most of the time, that we do not get much "One on One" time anymore. I felt very ashamed that I wasted 2 days of being angry, while He was seated patiently waiting for me.
I learned a couple of things from this:

~When satan attacks viciously, it usually means he is trying to stop a wonderful "Christ moment". satan knows when these moments are in your life, and he will do anything to get in between you and Christ. Do not let him. 

~In life when you are stressed out. Stop, take a deep breath, and take a look around. There are wonderful things happening all around you, you will miss these beautiful things if you do not stop and see who is seated next to you.

~You are never alone. Christ is with you everywhere!

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Thank you for being so patient with me. Thank you for loving me so. Thank you for the "One on One" moments we share. Teach me how to stop more often and not miss the important things in life. I love You!! In Your Name I pray,
Amen


Need Prayer? Sumbit Your Request Here



No comments: