Thursday, October 17, 2013

Do You Know Your Enemy satan?

Know Your Enemy: satan


Insight Into Scripture - 1 Chronicles 21-23
Today, we read chapters 21 to 23. The Bible records 2 of King David's sins. In Chapter 21 we read about one of those sins. satan tempted David into the sin of pride, by taking a census in the land. This angers God and for this sin, David's people pay a high price.
Chapter 22 tells us how David aided his son Solomon in getting preparations for building the temple.
100,000 talents of gold is an immense amount of gold. Its weight of 3750 TONS would fetch about $45 BILLION at today's prices (22:14). This is the largest amount of gold that is mentioned in the Old Testament.
1,000,000 talents of silver is an enormous amount! Almost 40,000 tons, this far exceeds anything else from biblical or extra biblical sources.
In chapter 23 we read how David makes his son, Solomon, king and how he divided the Levites who were the tribe designated to be priests.

Angel of the Lord
Bringing the Bible Alive
This is a drawing of the Angel of the LORD. The Angel of the LORD is a specific Angel that carries out GOD's commands and judgements. In our readings I found it fascinating that while The Angel of the LORD was carrying out GOD's judgement against Israel, David saw the Angel with sword drawn (21:16). This must have made quite an impression on David, in 1 Chronicles 21:30 the Bible says that David was afraid to inquire of GOD, due to his fear of the Angel. Araunah also saw the Angel of the LORD in 1 Chronicles 21:20, after seeing him he hid with his four sons.
Have you ever wondered if he is huge, or very bright? When most people met him they were afraid. I guess we will find out when we go home, right?

Scripture Reading
And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it.
And Joab answered, The LORD make his people an hundred times so many more as they be: but, my lord the king, are they not all my lord's servants? why then doth my lord require this thing? why will he be a cause of trespass to Israel?
Nevertheless the king's word prevailed against Joab. Wherefore Joab departed, and went throughout all Israel, and came to Jerusalem.
Join Gods411 Facebook
And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let me fall now into the hand of the LORD; for very great are his mercies: but let me not fall into the hand of man.
So the LORD sent pestilence upon Israel: and there fell of Israel seventy thousand men.
And God sent an angel unto Jerusalem to destroy it: and as he was destroying, the LORD beheld, and he repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed, It is enough, stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshingfloor of Ornan the Jebusite. - 1 Chronicles 21:1-4, 7, 13-15 

Think n Grow
I used the King James Version today, I liked the words to describe satan's actions. There were two thoughts today that I wanted to share with you. The first was our enemy; satan. The Bible does not say much about satan and how he effects us. There is an example here in the book of Job. Notice how the Bible describes satan's actions, he "Stood up against Israel".

When my son and I were arguing, and I have had enough, I stand up. I guess it is my way of making myself superior and usually by that time I am pretty heated ready for a big fight. I can see satan using the same thought process, this is an aggressive stance towards YOU, he is ready for a fight and wants to make himself look bigger than the tiny being that he is.

The other word that I found interesting was; he "Provoked" David. I looked up "Provoke" in the dictionary.
It means:
1. To incite to anger or resentment
2. To stir to action or feeling.

satan is a BULLY! I had a bully in school once and there was two ways that I would deal with him. First, I would ignore him, I would realize that he did not have much self confidence so he had to hurt others to make himself feel better. The other way that I would deal with this person, I would go and get my BIG friend to deal with him. That bully was not so tough when he saw how I had a big friend next to my side. I learned that when I kept my BIG friend around me, the bully would steer clear of me.

Submit Your Prayer Request
Do you see the connection here? You can't win if you fight and argue with satan. He has had YEARS of experience, but, you can ignore him. Focus your attention to your BIG friend JESUS. Look at that sad little bully (satan) and tell him, "If you are going to mess with me, you are going to have to mess with my BIG friend JESUS". Watch him pee his pants and run scared. Heh Heh Heh

The other point that I wanted you to see is how sin hurts not only us, but the people around us. Because of David's prideful sin 70,000 men died. I know that David felt awful, in verse 21:17 David refers to them as sheep and asked to put the judgement on himself and his family. Shop For books on satan.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Father I pray that we have lots of time together as usual this weekend, I pray that there will be some Divine appointments for me. Father I pray that You will continue to give me the strength to know when the enemy is upon me and I turn to You for cover.
I love You and I pray in Your great Name, Amen.


Guaranteed Low Prices on Top Selling Christian Products

No comments: