Friday, October 18, 2013

Where Do You Meet With God?


Where Do You Meet With God?

Insight Into Scripture - 2 Chronicles 1-3
Today we start the 2nd Book of Chronicles. 2 Chronicles may seem like a repeat of 2 Samuel, and in the terms of events it is. But, again try and look deeper to see the hearts of these Biblical characters. It was a common practice for individuals or groups to travel to shrines, make offerings, then sleep before the altar in hopes that they would receive a message from a god. (1:7-12)The size of the total work force to build the temple was 153,600. (2:2)


Bringing the Bible Alive
This is a photo of a peak that dominates the Central Benjamin Plateau and is situated just south and above the city of Gibeon. Most believe that this is the site where the tabernacle stood where King Solomon went to inquire of the LORD and offered 1,000 burnt offerings. 2 Chronicles 1:3-6. Gibeon is also where Moses had his Tent of Meeting and met with the LORD. Exodus 33:7-11

Scripture Reading
Solomon the son of David established himself in his kingdom, and the LORD his GOD was with him and made him exceedingly great. Solomon spoke to all Israel, to the commanders of thousands and of hundreds, to the judges, and to all the leaders in all Israel, the heads of fathers' houses. And Solomon, and all the assembly with him, went to the high place that was at Gibeon, for the tent of meeting of God, which Moses the servant of the LORD had made in the wilderness, was there. - 2 Chronicles 1:1-3


Join Gods411 Facebook
Thought for the Day
As I was reading today, this first verse made an impression on me. Solomon was a great man, not because Solomon was great, because GOD was great. GOD was with Solomon and HE made him great. I can't tell you how many times I have done things on my own, they never worked out or worked out to my expectation. But, when GOD is with me, things turned out great. In fact our last venture Kim and I listened to GOD, and asked HIM to be with us, things turned out far beyond what our minds could have ever dreamed up.

Do you have a Tent of Meetings? The term Tent of Meetings first came from Moses. Moses would pitch an ordinary tent some distance from the camp. If a person wanted to inquire of GOD they would go to the Tent of Meetings. But when Moses went into the Tent of Meetings a pillar of cloud would come down and stay at the entrance.

In Exodus the Bible says that GOD would talk to Moses face to face as you would speak to your best friend. You can look up Exodus 33 for more dialogue between GOD and Moses. It is one of my favorite passages in scripture. In fact I have to say that I am jealous of Moses and his amazing relationship.

Fast forward to today's reading, Solomon does the same thing. Solomon wanted

Submit Your Prayer Request Here
to inquire of GOD, so he went to the Tent of Meetings, and GOD spoke to him. Do you see where I am heading with this? Do you have your Tent of Meetings?
Do you have a special place where you can meet with GOD face to face? A place where you can go to seek or inquire of GOD? It should be a place of peace or have some special meaning. Maybe it is a quiet room, maybe it is out in your garden, maybe it is a place in the mountains or by the ocean. Wherever you go, it should be a place where you connect with GOD. GOD wants to show Himself to you, all you need to do it ask.

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
Thank You Father for my salvation, thank You for showing me how to get there. Father I pray that you will join me in my day and lead me and help me to follow. I pray that in the craziness I will find You and we can just sit and chat. I love that You are so accessible and easy to talk to, thank You.
I love You and I pray, Amen.

No comments: