Friday, October 4, 2013

God Does Not Care About Me


Insight Into Scripture 2 Kings 18-20
Finally, after we have read about king after king that did evil in the LORD's eyes, we have a king that did good in the LORD's eyes; Hezekiah. Hezekiah was King David's son (18:3) King Hezekiah is known for an engineering technology; a 1750 foot carved tunn el that brought water from one side of the city to another. The end of this tunnel is the Pool of Siloam. I added two links to these sites, if you have time to see the other pictures, it is really amazing what they accomplished without our tools of today.

Bringing the Bible Alive
This hill is actually a siege ramp built by the Assyrian army during Sennacherib's invasion of Judah in 701 BC. (2 Kings 18:13-15) A Siege Ramp was sometimes the only way to conquer a heavily fortified position. After King Hezekiah refused to pay taxes to Sennacherib, Assyria decided to come force the collection of taxes. More than 1000 iron arrowheads were found in the ramp as well as a chain for catching the battering rams. 

Scripture Reading
In those days Hezekiah became sick and was at the point of death. And Isaiah the prophet the son of Amoz came to him and said to him, "Thus says the LORD, 'Set your house in order, for you shall die; you shall not recover."

Then Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the LORD, saying,  "Now, O LORD, please remember how I have walked before you in faithfulness and with a whole heart, and have done what is good in your sight." And Hezekiah wept bitterly. And before Isaiah had gone out of the middle court, the word of the LORD came to him:
"Turn back, and say to Hezekiah the leader of my people, Thus says the LORD, the God of David your father: I have heard your prayer; I have seen your tears. Behold, I will heal you. On the third day you shall go up to the house of the LORD, and I will add fifteen years to your life. I will deliver you and this city out of the hand of the king of Assyria, and I will defend this city for my own sake and for my servant David's sake." - 2 Kings 20:1-6 

Think n Grow
Sumbit Your Prayer Request
How many times in your life have you said, "GOD does not care what is going on with me". Or maybe you have thought a couple of times in your life that GOD does not hear my prayers? I know that I have thought both of those thoughts many times.

GOD puts stories like Hezekiah in the Bible to show us that HE does care, HE does listen, and we are not the only ones to have gone through trials. Let's take a look at this story.

Hezekiah was good king, in fact "There was no one like him among all the kings of Judah, either before him or after him". (18:5) He was successful in whatever he undertook (18:7) Sounds like King David doesn't it? God even fought for Hezekiah in Chapter 19:35, the Bible tells us that God destroys 185,000 Assyrian. So, why then is Hezekiah fighting for his life in Chapter 20?

The Bible states that Hezekiah was ill to the point of death (20:1) then if that wasn't bad enough, Isaiah walks in and tells Hezekiah, God says that you are going to die. To me that sounds pretty final! But, Hezekiah asked God to remember him, then wept bitterly. Before Isaiah can walk to the middle of the room, God hears Hezekiah's prayer and speaks to Isaiah. If you read the rest of the story God adds 15 years onto Hezekiah's life. Can't you see how in control and precise GOD is, amazing!

So, what can we learn from this story? Bad things will happen to good Christian people. GOD knows what is happening to you. GOD does hear your prayers, HE does care. Unlike Hezekiah's answer to his prayer, our answer maybe NO. We MUST keep the faith and trust that GOD is in control, even through the bad times in life. Shop for books on Why Bad Things Happen?

Closing Prayer
Dear Jesus
I pray today that I continue to have a grateful heart, even in those times when I just don't understand. Father I pray that I will always have an open heart and open eyes to Your will. I pray that I will always know Your love, even when I am at my lowest. Father I love You and I can not live without You and I pray these things in Your great Name, Amen.

If this devotional blog has touched you please share it with on of the social media buttons below. God Bless You Today!

Guaranteed Low Prices, Top Selling Products



No comments: