Friday, November 29, 2013

One Sided Prayer Life

One Sided Prayer Life

Psalm 29 is the psalm that I would like to focus on today. How is your prayer life? It seems like when we become busy our prayers become shorter and shorter and more to the point. Usually that point is what we need.

One Sided Prayer Life
"Dear Lord, Please help me at work today, I need money so I can pay my bills, please give me patience with my kids today, help Aunt Suzie get over her sickness, Amen."

Does that sound familiar? Let me give you another example. When our son was alive most of the time, life revolved around his needs. Dad, I need money, why do I not have a cell phone, I am having trouble with a kid at school, Mom is being unfair, No, I do not want to do that....... and on and on. I do not mind answering him or being there for him, that is why GOD chose me as a parent, but sometimes I would like to just talk to him, no struggle, no wants, just talk back and forth.


There is no way that I am even comparing myself to GOD, but I can imagine that is how GOD feels at times. He LONGS to just talk with you. These psalms are a great way to just talk with GOD. A majority of the psalms are songs and prayers just praising GOD, if you do not spend some of your prayer time praising GOD I would encourage you to do so. We serve such an amazing GOD, if you spend time thinking about HIM, it just humbles you.

Alot of the Psalms were written as prayers and songs to GOD. They were written by men who were seeking the face of GOD, praising GOD, and crying out for help. I believe that we should read them as they were meant to be.

Below is Psalm 29, it is a wonderful psalm praising HIS majesty. Do not read the words, pray them to the LORD!

Ascribe to the LORD, O heavenly beings,
ascribe to the LORD glory and strength.
Ascribe to the LORD the glory due his name;
worship the LORD in the splendor of holiness.

The voice of the LORD is over the waters;
the God of glory thunders,
the LORD, over many waters.
The voice of the LORD is powerful;
the voice of the LORD is full of majesty.

The voice of the LORD breaks the cedars;
the LORD breaks the cedars of Lebanon.
He makes Lebanon to skip like a calf,
and Sirion like a young wild ox.

The voice of the LORD flashes forth flames of fire.
The voice of the LORD shakes the wilderness;
the LORD shakes the wilderness of Kadesh.

The voice of the LORD makes the deer give birth
and strips the forests bare,
and in his temple all cry, "Glory!"

The LORD sits enthroned over the flood;
the LORD sits enthroned as king forever.
May the LORD give strength to his people!
May the LORD bless his people with peace!

Connecting You With Christ

Connect With Gods411


No comments: