Friday, February 14, 2014

Are You Faithful In The Little Things?

Are You Faithful In The Little Things?

Are You Faithful In The Little Things?
After you read this, put yourself in Jeremiah's shoes. Can you imagine how he must have felt when GOD told him to buy a linen belt, but do not let it touch water. At first Jeremiah might have thought, "OK LORD, this is a little strange, but I trust you, so I will do it."

Then GOD came to him a second time, and told him to take the belt he was not suppose to get wet, and hide it in the rocks. Jeremiah might have been thinking, "Ya, OK LORD...... sure, but where are we going with this, this seems pretty trivial with all the large problems we are facing, what about those?" But, Jeremiah did it.

Then the Bible says that many days past, so it must have been a long time because when GOD told Jeremiah to dig up the belt it was ruined and useless. By now I can imagine Jeremiah might have been thinking, "Ya, this was worth my time." But, then GOD in all HIS wisdom revealed to Jeremiah HIS plan and all these little tasks made sense.


How many times in your relationship with Christ have you been in a hurry? How many times have you thought, where are we going or this is a waste of time, there are bigger and better things that I should be doing? Then later GOD reveals to you why you did all those little things, and you say to yourself, "OK, now I understand why, now it makes sense."

In your relationship with Jesus, there will be things that HE allows you to go through or asks you to do, and I am sure that some of these things will not make sense. Our job is to be faithful to Jesus and trust that HE knows what He is doing. Jesus is taking each one of us down a different path, and a lot of times He needs us to grow before we can take the next step. Remember Jesus says that if we are faithful in the little tasks, He will trust us with the larger ones. - Jim

Jeremiah 13:1-11
A Linen Belt 
1 This is what the LORD said to me: "Go and buy a linen belt and put it around your waist, but do not let it touch water." 
2 So I bought a belt, as the LORD directed, and put it around my waist.
3 Then the word of the LORD came to me a second time: 
4 "Take the belt you bought and are wearing around your waist, and go
now to Perath and hide it there in a crevice in the rocks." 5 So I went and hid it at Perath, as the LORD told me.
6 Many days later the LORD said to me, "Go now to Perath and get the belt I told you to hide there." 7 So I went to Perath and dug up the belt and took it from the place where I had hidden it, but now it was ruined and completely useless.
8 Then the word of the LORD came to me: 9 "This is what the LORD says: 'In the same way I will ruin the pride of Judah and the great pride of Jerusalem.
10 These wicked people, who refuse to listen to my words, who follow the
stubbornness of their hearts and go after other gods to serve and worship them,
will be like this belt-completely useless! 11 For as a belt is bound around a man's waist,
so I bound the whole house of Israel and the whole house of Judah to me,' declares the LORD, 'to be my people for my renown and praise and honor. But they have not listened.'

Guaranteed Low Prices: Top Selling Christian

Top Christian Links

No comments: